Hydropolis-Dubai

darkknight

The Worlds First Undersea Hotel !!!!!! The Hydropolis!!!!!!! Construction is underway for the Plxi glass plant needed to manufacture the strong plexy glass thats required!!!

Some information

Landside approx: 30.000 ms (Gross Floor Area)

Hydropolis Hotel approx: 75.000 ms (Gross Floor Area)

Milestones

Start of Design 2003 April

Start of Construction 2004 September

Finalizing Construction 2006 July

Opening 2006 December

Hydropolis Ltd.

Public Relations

foco design

Phone: +49 89 12 11 11 0

Fax: +49 89 12 11 11 12

E-Mail: [email protected]

Project Development:

Joachim Hauser,

Hermann Brendel

Hans-Peter Pesenhofer

Torsten Szybowicz

Concept Design:

system modern GmbH - 3deluxe

Schwalbacher Str. 74

D-65183 Wiesbaden

Hydropolis Ltd.

Phone: +49 89 12 11 11 0

Fax: +49 89 12 11 11 12

E-Mail: [email protected]

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Hydropolis

Press Conference Dubai, 2003 August

Project Description

Hydropolis or the Beginning of a New Era of Hotels.

The medium WATER as a basic aetiological elixir of life is of great significance. Simply the fact that man himself consists to 75% of water, and that his well-being requires regeneration of his basic substance

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just crazy! It's like something you see on Discovery Channel, but it's a show about farfetched ideas of this type of thing. This hotel is unbelievable! Very cool indeed. I'm suprised it hasn't gotten more attention up to this point. I've never heard about this project. I look forward to seeing any construction pics on this sucker! Thanks, great post!

Certainly i dont think these things will be shown in the US or anyother countries!!!

But the construction of the afctory to produce the plexi glass has started becos it has to withstand a lot of pressure!!!

The cheapest room is 3000$ US a night!! You will be sleeping with the fish!! U can have the roof screen as fog or something else!! Ull be able to control the fragrances in the room which i think is awesome!!! :o Im just waiting for it to get over!!!

For more information go to www.hydropolis.com

Cheers!!

i dont know about being grander in scale compared to Burj Al Arab!! Construction wise, yes!!!! It will be!! Other wise its just going to be a really luxurious hotel and cannot compare itself to the 2 seven stars that UAE has, Burj al Arab in Dubai and COnference Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi!!! :D Im sure it going to be soo bloody cool!! Looks like something from a Sci Fi movie!!

• 1 month later...

Yes, there's a place in the Florida Keys with underwater rooms. It's certainly not on the scale of this. I've noticed that Dubai likes to sex up their buildings like that though. Everything has to be the tallest or first or best in the world.

7 star hotels?

Yes, there's a place in the Florida Keys with underwater rooms. It's certainly not on the scale of this. I've noticed that Dubai likes to sex up their buildings like that though. Everything has to be the tallest or first or best in the world.

7 star hotels?

Thats why its becoming one of the best known cities in the world and attracts tourism abundantly!!! plus they have the money!! Why not build it!!!

Cheers

:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks-

Recently became aware of the Hydropolis project and found this forum on a search. I was chief engineer for the little underwater hotel in the Florida Keys- Jules Undersea Lodge (think they still have a website at http://www.jul.com )

Jules is by no means as extensive as this- it only sleeps 6 people, max- but it was the first. It has been in operation since 1986.

Of course, this sort of stuff has been forecast since the 1964 NY World's Fair- have seen plenty of dreams on paper come and go over the decades- but the UAR certainly has the money to pull it off. Personally, I'm too old now to be flying to the Middle East for a big project, or I'd try to get involved- LOL.

Still collecting info on Hydropolis- looks like all the underwater sections will be at one atmosphere (surface) pressure..... which means a leak or 'hull breach' could get catastrophic in... seconds- so trust they will have appropriate monitoring and safety features. Jules is at ambient pressure- about 21 feet deep- so you SCUBA down and enter through a 'moon pool' underneath.

• 5 months later...

Long time no hear about the Hydropolis project. According to the initial project briefing, construction was set to beginn in September 2004. Despite prelimenary works being done on the area of the land station, it appears the project is now on complete hold due to lack of funds.

The german promoters phone number is dead and Dubai Tourism Agency writes on their pages that Hydropolis is being actively promoted by Dubai Investment Authority, basically they are seeking funds from risk-friendly investors.

Archived