New 800 Acre Simpsonville TND

btoy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered when they would start developing that. I look forward to seeing the plans, because it is a beautiful piece of property. Hopefully, in the not-to-distant future, the planning starts to widen Woodruff, Lee Vaughn, and Scuffletown. IMO, Woodruff needs to be 4 lanes all the way to 101. Scuffletown and Lee Vaughn need to be at least 3 lanes.

Wow! Thats alot of homes. I agree with Skyliner, as long as this is along the lines of Griffin Park or Acadia, then I'll be for it. The article mentions a town center with grocery store, etc as part of the development. :thumbsup:

And as an added thought here.....with the traffic on Woodruff which splits the growth triangle bound by 385 to the West and 85 to the Northeast, I wonder if the DOT would ever consider a beltway / perimeter around that part of the metro. Basically following the Highway 14 route, only MUCH further out. Just a thought.

Wow! Thats alot of homes. I agree with Skyliner, as long as this is along the lines of Griffin Park or Acadia, then I'll be for it. The article mentions a town center with grocery store, etc as part of the development. :thumbsup:

And as an added thought here.....with the traffic on Woodruff which splits the growth triangle bound by 385 to the West and 85 to the Northeast, I wonder if the DOT would ever consider a beltway / perimeter around that part of the metro. Basically following the Highway 14 route, only MUCH further out. Just a thought.

Kudos to this exciting new development. This and the other one at West Georgia and Fork Shoals roads will help add to the residential boom and offer Simpsonville two additional "town centers".

Simpsonville and Greenville County should examine the road system in this area. Here some routes to start the way:

SC-14: four lanes from SC-417 to Pelham and Noth Batesville roads

SC-146 (Woodruff Road): four lanes from Scuffletown Road to SC-101

Scuffletown Road: divided four lane boulevard from Woodruff Road to Lee Vaughn Road

SC-417 (East Georgia Road/Lee Vaughn Road): four lanes from CBD to Woodruff Road (SC-146)

North Batesville Road: four lanes from SC-14 to Woodruff Road (SC-146)

SC-296 (Bennett's Bridge Road/Reidville Road): four lanes from Woodruff Road to SC-290 in Duncan

Although I'm not 100% on the layout from the slide show, it looks like the commercial development (in blue?) may be situated to suit more than just the residents, which is vital in making the commercial space functional. When you combine this with the unlikely possibility of getting a significant amount of property rezoned to commercial uses this far out in the county, it very well may work. If they manage to build homes that aren't just top-of-the-market, they may have hit a home run.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some information on this project you might or might not know about:

Ottaray is a new, massive mixed-use/TND development community planned for the southeastern part of Greenville County in the Scuffletown Road area. It is to consist of 1,865 homes built in over 20 different neighborhoods and a 30 acre town center with retail establishments, restaurants, shops, offices, condos, and other amenities. The total square feet of the town center will be 540,000 square feet, which is a little bit bigger than the Shops at Greenridge on the eastside of Greenville. 135,000 of the square footage will be devoted to a grocery store, retail establishments, and office space. The remaining 265,000 square feet will consist of a community building, pavilion, storage buildings, bed & breakfast, chapel, school, and an assisted living facility. Lake Ottaray, which is 50 acres in size and is already in the center of this development will be the main focal point of this entire project. There will be many things you will be able to do on and around this lake such as fishing, canoeing, hiking, biking, etc. The entire project will be on 777 acres of land. 444.3 acres will be designated for residential uses, while the other 233.5 acres will be used for lakes and greenways. In all, it will take 20 years to complete and cost around $1 billion.

Archived