Google Earth 3D Buildings of Orlando

SuperMan11MS

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading them for a while now. I've been meaning to post this link to Google Sketchup's 3D Warehouse of my collection of downtown Orlando buildings that I have created. It's still a work in progress and I add them whenever I get enough time to make another building. But I thought most of you would enjoy this. A couple of notes, you do need the new version of Google Earth (edition 4) to view these. Enjoy!

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cld...2f5635c7b367918

Please let me know what you think and what you would like to see next. Make sure you get the full picture by downloading all the buildings into Google Earth.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading them for a while now. I've been meaning to post this link to Google Sketchup's 3D Warehouse of my collection of downtown Orlando buildings that I have created. It's still a work in progress and I add them whenever I get enough time to make another building. But I thought most of you would enjoy this. A couple of notes, you do need the new version of Google Earth (edition 4) to view these. Enjoy!

Please let me know what you think and what you would like to see next. Make sure you get the full picture by downloading all the buildings into Google Earth.

Thanks so much for creating these models. As someone who has attempted to model most of Downtown Orlando in the past, I give you major props for attempting to undertake such a big project (and make it way nicer than mine, nonetheless). I went and downloaded all of your buildings and put them into my crude Google Earth model to create a hybrid model. For those who haven't yet seen Superman's models, I took a screen shot to show you what you're missing. Basically, the realistic looking buildings are his, and the multicolored polygons are mine (teal for proposed buildings, orange for under construction).

gemodelfp6.jpg

Thanks to Codypet for helping out and adding in the Fairwinds Credit Union and the Citrus Center.

And Bic, I also have that setup in my Google Earth with your teal buildings. I delete each one as I make it realistically. It really fills in the empty areas nicely when I want to take a look at my progress.

Thanks to Codypet for helping out and adding in the Fairwinds Credit Union and the Citrus Center.

And Bic, I also have that setup in my Google Earth with your teal buildings. I delete each one as I make it realistically. It really fills in the empty areas nicely when I want to take a look at my progress.

Thanks so much for creating these models. As someone who has attempted to model most of Downtown Orlando in the past, I give you major props for attempting to undertake such a big project (and make it way nicer than mine, nonetheless). I went and downloaded all of your buildings and put them into my crude Google Earth model to create a hybrid model. For those who haven't yet seen Superman's models, I took a screen shot to show you what you're missing. Basically, the realistic looking buildings are his, and the multicolored polygons are mine (teal for proposed buildings, orange for under construction).

gemodelfp6.jpg

Archived