John McCain for President

Charlotteman

McCain's problem is his isn't the rogue, moderate, honest McCain from 2000. Now he's the pandering, politicized, war-supporting, Bush-backing McCain. The irony is that he could have won in 2000 had it not been for Rove and Bush's dispicable, slanderous, racist comments about McCain's adopted daughter in the SC Primary. Now he's sucking up to them? Why, I have no idea. His campaign is falling apart.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friends,

Wouldn't ya'll suppose that even a high school sophomore in civics class could figure out that being supportive of Don Imus is political suicide? Is John McCain outta his mind????

Don Imus said highly offensive things....John McCain should have been running for the hills, to separate himself from his "friend". But yet he says he's "satisfied" with Imus's apology, and "believes in redemption".

Good grief! McCain's public life is starting to look like a three-ring circus.

McCain is done. I don't think the Imus comments will sink him, as most of the people he is pandering too now, probably weren't overly offended by Imus' comments....but none this less McCain should throw in the towell at this point, and worry about representing his constituents.

He laid off a decent portion of his campaign staff this week after he failed to meet his fundraising goals. Nothing is going right for him...there is blood in the water, the media sharks are circling, he looks like a deer in the headlights, not sure which way to dart, and he's about to get run over (and bitten) all at the same time.

I kind of want him to stay in the race for now, to discourage other Republicans for running, as the lack of credible competition should help Rudy.

McCain pandering watch:

We all know John McCain is running a pandering-based campaign, so it's no surprise he's at it again.

This time he's cozying up to the anti-NEA folks. At a recent appearance he voiced support for vouchers, performance-based teacher pay raises, putting "more pressure on teachers" etc.

A statement in support of prayer in public schools must not be far off in McCain's political future. The Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde of American politics!

What's wrong with performance based pay raises? That's how it works for most professions. Giving someone a raise whether they get results or not makes no sense. The lack of accountability is the biggest problem our schools face, not lack of money. I don't see this as pandering, just good policy.

McCain is done. I don't think the Imus comments will sink him, as most of the people he is pandering too now, probably weren't overly offended by Imus' comments....but none this less McCain should throw in the towell at this point, and worry about representing his constituents.

He laid off a decent portion of his campaign staff this week after he failed to meet his fundraising goals. Nothing is going right for him...there is blood in the water, the media sharks are circling, he looks like a deer in the headlights, not sure which way to dart, and he's about to get run over (and bitten) all at the same time.

I kind of want him to stay in the race for now, to discourage other Republicans for running, as the lack of credible competition should help Rudy.

^^Interesting point about Fred Thompson's support base quietly increasing as McCain's declines.

Surely some bonified arch right-winger will enter the Rep race soon. There's a vacuum there as severe as a black hole! Or will this be the first time since 1976 that the Reps don't nominate a candidiate personally hand-picked by Jerry Falwell?

I was just thinking about John McCain's apparent ignorance of basic statistics, and his inexplicable confusion as to how politics works. It is as clear as day that 65-68% of the American people are vehemently against continued American military presence in Iraq. Shouldn't that sort of statistic show Sen.McCain that if he wants to be president, he shouldn't be "for the war"? Or maybe McCain knows of some other way that statistics and politics work together that I'm not aware of (?)

His fall is imminent, and I think I'll feel sorry for him when it happens----- to have compromised his character, integrity, reputation, and his personal legacy for such a shallow pandering-based campaign to win the presidency. It's sad really.

~~~bomb bomb bomb

bomb bomb Iran,

bomb bomb bomb

bomb bomb Iran~~~~

What should we call this, the Musical Mess at Murrell's Inlet?

Responding to a question about Iran, McCain sang an impromptu parody of the Beach Boy's song "Barbara Ann".....and garnered a healthy laugh from his S.C. audience. That day in South Carolina was probably the only time he got a laugh out of it.

Citizens around the world certainly didn't laugh about it. In many corners of the globe, the US is seen as a dangerous and menacing military power. McCain's flippant performance certainly didn't help our present-day world image. His little joke just wasn't funny, and it was a dumb thing to say on the campaign trail.

And now he's telling us all to "get a life"!!!!

I thought it was funny. I know people around the world think we are the enemy, but Iran is the one who will eventually use nuclear weapons on Isreal if the U.N. won't stop them. However I'm sure some even in this country wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

Now, I am convinced McCain is losing it because that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard him say in my life. Why would you even joke at bombing Iran?

Geez, somebody give that man a muzzle. He is playing himself like Nintendo by pandering the lowest common denominator of the populous.

Just imagine if we could have looked into a future window, back in 2000, how shocked we would all be at McCain's present day public life. What a change from 2000 to 2007. We're almost seeing a different person than the polished pol of 2000.

Getting back to this latest thing: we also cannot deny the possibility that the gal asking McCain the question about Iran was a plant. And possibly he might have had the answer ready, hoping to cash in on that sort of nonsense the way Reagan did in 1985. (with his "bombing will commence" quip)

Reagan was Reagan, and he got away with that sort of thing. But John McCain, alas, is no Reagan.

I stand corrected. Sarcasm does not work well on forums.

While I type this I am hearing world wide condemnation of McCain and his remarks. The International press is questioning whether it will be the US that would push the button first with war mongers and neo-cons at the helm. Oh yeah, they already did.

I stand corrected. Sarcasm does not work well on forums.

While I type this I am hearing world wide condemnation of McCain and his remarks. The International press is questioning whether it will be the US that would push the button first with war mongers and neo-cons at the helm. Oh yeah, they already did.

Even though I liked him staying around, to act as a distraction, I think it's time for him to withdraw from the race. That certainly isn't something to joke about. If you mean it, fine, say it, and let the voters decide if that's the direction they want the US to go. We all know how foreign news agencies twist stories.....tomorrow, Al-Jazeera will likely report "Bush successor says he will bomb Iran".

I never liked him. I never saw him as moderate in 2000, even though everyone was insisting he was. I always thought he was a cowboy more than Bush, who I voted for.

I honestly think that if Bush wants to save the Republican party, he will need to figure out a way to start troop withdrawls before the primaries....make the war a non-issue.

Today's GOP isn't worth saving. People are pissed off about a lot more than just the war.

The only hope of the GOP is to find more people like Arnold but that means getting rid of the Bushs, Cheneys, the corporate influence, the religious nuts such as Dobson and Falwell and the idiots such as Coulter and Rush Limbaugh. Is that going to happen anytime soon? I don't think so.

Archived