John McCain for President

Charlotteman

For those folks that think John McCain's performance in Murrell's Inlet was a "joke", I ask you to consider this: what if a highly renown Iranian presidential candidate said Iran "would bomb America", and then claimed it was a "joke"?

I wonder if that would help Americans sleep better at night~~knowing it was supposed to be a "joke"?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stand corrected. Sarcasm does not work well on forums.

While I type this I am hearing world wide condemnation of McCain and his remarks. The International press is questioning whether it will be the US that would push the button first with war mongers and neo-cons at the helm. Oh yeah, they already did.

The Iranain leader has made threats refering to Israel. Don't let your hatred for Bush blind you. He also said the Holocaust never took place.

What about 1993 WTC Bombing?? Was that Bush's fault too?? Those guys have hated us way longer than 6 years. Yes the Iraq War is a mistake; but the radical muslims hate the western world regardless if it's Republican or Democrat as Pres..

Iran has been directly and indirectly threatening Israel for decades. Fortunately Israel is militarily superior to Iran. And the US will insure that will always be the case. The West is NOT going to sit by and see Israel fatally attacked. Really no problem there, even if the Iranian president becomes more beligerent.

Iran attacking Israel militarily makes as much sense as Iran attacking the US. The liklihood of it happening is remote.

But when John McCain makes provocative remarks (this time a sophomoric "song") about Iran, it becomes very significant, since the US does indeed have the military power to start aggression toward Iran. Of course all the American troops in Europe would have to be redeployed, since our current fighting forces are currently so overtaxed.

Any politician worth a dime should know that such remarks/songs are counterproductive.

The Iranain leader has made threats refering to Israel. Don't let your hatred for Bush blind you. He also said the Holocaust never took place.

What about 1993 WTC Bombing?? Was that Bush's fault too?? Those guys have hated us way longer than 6 years. Yes the Iraq War is a mistake; but the radical muslims hate the western world regardless if it's Republican or Democrat as Pres..

McCain pandering watch:

John McCain seems hell-bent on pandering to every single conservative right-wing group in America. Now it's the NRA and associated 2nd Amendment groups. He was recently quoted in a speech (in S.C.) that he favors "no gun control".

And during his years in the Senate, McCain had broken with his party several times when gun control issues were raised. He reportedly delighted in the fact that he had once ruffled the NRA's feathers! Now he's kissing their butts like there's no tommorrow........

Can ya'll imagine the horrors of living in a society with "no gun control"?

Do ya'll suppose he'll be running for president much longer? In my whole life, I've never seen such a bizarre campaign for the most important position in the world.

Was Kuwait's cry for help to fall on Deaf ears 15 years ago?? Should the U.S. stayed out of that situation?? Please help me out here? Is the other war the U.S. started in Afgahnistan?? Today's Pakistan in some ways seems to have some eery similarities to Cambodia(Vietnam)?

Thanks for the healthy debate :thumbsup:

I agree that the U.S. needs to have the faith the Iraqis will somehow work things out.

What about Hezbollah ?? Hezbollah is backed by Syria and Iran. If there is no Israel at all, then will things be worked out??

They can't seem to get along in the Middle East (Sunni's, Shiite's, Kurds, etc.) Even Kashmir with Pakistan and India.

The terrorist have been wrecking havoc all over the other side of the world since the WTC bombings. You can't appease tyrants.

Was Kuwait's cry for help to fall on Deaf ears 15 years ago?? Should the U.S. stayed out of that situation?? Please help me out here? Is the other war the U.S. started in Afgahnistan?? Today's Pakistan in some ways seems to have some eery similarities to Cambodia(Vietnam)?

MoveOn.org has now come out swinging against John McCain and his absurd "song" in Murrell's Inlet. The group is spending $100,000 to run anti-McCain ads in Iowa and New Hampshire, states with early primaries.

A leader of MoveOn called McCain's speeches in South Carolina "reckless" and I must fully agree. Not only did he sing his Beach Boys parody, he also pandered to the NRA by advocating "no gun control" in Summerville. He must have a low opinion of S.C. citizens to expect them to respond to such nonsense.

Today's national polls are mostly in the neighborhood of Guilliani 38%, McCain 19%.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I believe it is all related.

Gulf War I could have been avoided if Bush Sr. had not given Saddam mixed signals on whether an invasion would have been OK with us. There was a US envoy there where Saddam conveyed his intentions to invade Iraq and Bush Sr. did not do anything to try and stop him. With that said, we went in and saved a regime in Kuwait that is basically a dictatorship, where people have no rights, and the wealth is held by the kuwaiti royal family. Let's keep min mind where the 9-11 terrorists came from. It wasn't Iraq and Iran.

erdogs, that is correct. President George H.W.Bush, the current president's father, sent nutty mixed signals to Saddam. Saddam's henchmen put out feelers to gauge the US's reaction to a Kuwait invasion, and became confident that Washington wouldn't react at all to an Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.

The entire Gulf War was because of Bush the Elder's failure to communicate to Iraq that invading Kuwait was unacceptable. Saddam was even surprised when he heard the US was outraged over the invasion~~~

Seems like the Bush's like wars, doesn't it?

I know this is a bit off topic, but I believe it is all related.

What were the mixed signals and how was Bush Sr. going to stop them? Thirty-four nations fought with us in Kuwait, with the U.N. Security Council authorization. I find it hard to believe you think Bush Sr. was in part to blame for Saddam invading Kuwait. Saddam made it clear that he felt Kuwait was merely a province of Iraq and was going to invade no matter what.

Terrorist do not just include Al Queda, there are many branches on this tree. People like Saddam, Ahmadinejad, and Bin Laden don't want to use diplomacy to solve problems, they use the murder of innocent civilians to get what they want. They are all terrorist in my mind and you can add Hizballa, Islamic Jihad, Hamas and the PLO to that tree.

I know it hasn't come up yet, but I'm guessing it will. People have talked about how we backed Iraq in their war against Iran, but they fail to mention who was backing who in that war. Those backing and suppliers of Iraq with weapons and inteligence also included: France, Egypt, Brazil, China, Soviet Union, UK, Germany, and other Persion gulf countries. Those who backed Iran: North Korea, Libya, and Syria. We basically took the side of what was thought to be the lesser of two evils. Iran has brought this on themselves with their actions since the 1970's. It's a shame the people there, most of which don't support the government, have to live with such volatility in their lives.

Check out this timeline of terrorist attacks. What is most startling to me is how many attacks happend from 1995 until Sept. 11, 2001. Terrorist all around the world seemed to be able to attack at will and they only became more numerous. Was this a sign of things to come that went ignored?

http://usinfo.state.gov/is/international_s...chronology.html

Terrorist attacks in the '90s weren't ignored. Bill Clinton held nearly weekly meetings with his counter-terrorism experts on the al Qaida threat. Bush held not a single meeting on al Qaida prior to 9/11. Clinton initiated military action to eliminate bin Laden, and was accused by the Republicans of doing so to distract attention from the Lewinsky non-scandal.

Saddam and Ahmedinijad have never committed a terrorist act, and Ahmedinijad has never done anything to support terrorism, even indirectly. He has never targeted innocent civilians, unlike our own president. Lumping him in with the likes of bin Laden, Islamic Jihad, and the PLO, and making statements like "they're all terrorists" is ignorant at best and racist at worst.

Gassing the Kurds was not a terrorist attack? When did our president, target innocent civilians? You are starting to show your true colors. Former hostages and the former President of Iran identified Ahmadinejad as one of the key individuals holding Americans inside the embassy during the 1979 hostage stand off.

^^ It's obvious you have bought into the U.S. being the great satan or maybe that's how you have always felt. I doubt Reagan told Saddam to gas the Kurds. If he did, I would love to see the transcript. Falluja was leveled, because it was a terrorist strong hold. More civilians have been killed in Iraq by Al Queda and the so called insurgence backed by Iran, than our own troops. Whether you believe that or not, it is what's happening.

I don't understand why you don't seem to have a problem with Ahmadinejad making threats against Isreal, and wanting them wiped off the map. The evil GWB and the U.N. are against this man developing his nuclear program, I happen to agree. No one in this administration is advocating bombing Iran. They are working to resolve the issue diplomatically the way they seem to have done with N. Korea.

I call Ahmedinejad the head of state of a sovereign nation that has done no harm to anyone, which the American neocons are targeting because it is a threat to their complete domination over the Middle East. Again, when has he committed or threatened a terrorist act?

Archived