John McCain for President

Charlotteman

What amazes me is how you can watch a film like that and try to equate the Christian right in this country or two lunatic individuals, as being the same thing. When have you ever seen thousands of American Christians chanting "Death to the Middle East"? When was the last time you have seen children on CBS or FOX talking about killing a leader of some country? You call it propaganda, but I

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What amazes me is how you can watch a film like that and try to equate the Christian right in this country or two lunatic individuals, as being the same thing. When have you ever seen thousands of American Christians chanting "Death to the Middle East"? When was the last time you have seen children on CBS or FOX talking about killing a leader of some country? You call it propaganda, but I

What amazes me is how you can watch a film like that and try to equate the Christian right in this country or two lunatic individuals, as being the same thing. When have you ever seen thousands of American Christians chanting "Death to the Middle East"? When was the last time you have seen children on CBS or FOX talking about killing a leader of some country? You call it propaganda, but I’m sure you bought "Loose Change" hook, line and sinker. You can remain in denial, but I refuse too.

John McCain lost another important aide this week. Important to his efforts of pandering to the "social conservatives"----Marlene Elwell.

Elwell was a high advisor to Pat Robertson in his 1988 quest for the Rep nomination. In 2004 she was also a public advocate of defining marriage as a man and a woman in Michigan. This is the kind of person McCain chose to surround himself with........

One is left wondering if she left in frustration, or was fired (?) It's obvious McCain's quest for support from the religious right isn't materializing.

The press is reporting that McCain's tone has become dire, somber on the campaign trail in South Carolina.

• 3 weeks later...

The GOP is full of moderates...why would they switch? Because they don't like Bush, because they don't like the war? There is a lot more to having political preferences then those two issues. Bush will be gone in less than 2 years, and I assume that members of the GOP are interested in electing someone more aligned with what they believe than blindly chosing to support the Democrats, which are probably are less aligned with their views on issues.

The fact that people keep throwing out deragatory labels to apply to all people of one party either shows their lack of awareness, or that they buy into the media hook, line and sinker. The reason moderates in either party don't get much airtime is because they are moderates, ergo they are boring.

The fact that people keep throwing out deragatory labels to apply to all people of one party either shows their lack of awareness, or that they buy into the media hook, line and sinker. The reason moderates in either party don't get much airtime is because they are moderates, ergo they are boring.

^^^that's true. The Reps lost the moderates in 2006. The only man on their roster who even has a long shot at recapturing those moderates is Guiliani. The moderates and independents aren't for McCain like they used to be.

More and more it's looking like West Wing season 7---a pro choice Rep moderate as the party's nominee.

Well, since this thread got closest to the subject, here is an article about Islamic Americans, and their views on extremism.

One in four younger U.S. Muslims say suicide bombings to defend their religion are acceptable at least in some circumstances, though most Muslim Americans overwhelmingly reject the tactic and are critical of Islamic extremism and al-Qaida, a poll says.

John McCain is a failed man because he's a fake. He pretends to be a maverick who thinks for himself, but in reality he championed Falwell when he felt necessary, he stands lock and step in line with the Iraq war when it comes down to it (after those few moments he actually opposes the war), and he supports abortion after he votes against it.

McCain is a spineless baffoon.

Archived