Officials Seek To Create Pedestrian Paths

bigboyz05

With the help of some local biking and walking enthusiasts, the Texarkana Metropolitain Planning Organization is taking notice of a growing group who want more sidewalks and trails. They are embarking on creating a master plan for the Twin Cities this year. There are a number of biking and walking trails in the city but a lot of them are in need of repair and they are not connected. These paths would be very useful not only for health enthusiasts but for people who don't have a car and only get around by bike or foot. This will be so cool when completed. http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news01.txt

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the help of some local biking and walking enthusiasts, the Texarkana Metropolitain Planning Organization is taking notice of a growing group who want more sidewalks and trails. They are embarking on creating a master plan for the Twin Cities this year. There are a number of biking and walking trails in the city but a lot of them are in need of repair and they are not connected. These paths would be very useful not only for health enthusiasts but for people who don't have a car and only get around by bike or foot. This will be so cool when completed. http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news01.txt

Greenbelts. Every city needs them. We have only two right now, but Bossier City will soon be building one in the northern suburbs. I think it would be a great addition to Texarkana!

By the way, I found out a couple weeks ago that the Loop 245 Park, right by the Fairgrounds, will be demolished and flooded. That entire property will become a lake. Weird... I was surprised. I have a friend who works for the City of Texarkana, AR, and he was telling me about that project. I love that park... I really hate to see it go. I first met my wife at that park.

Archived