Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigboyz05

High Speed Train Corridor May Be A Reality

5 posts in this topic

The dream to develop a higher speed passenger and shipping rail corridor could soon be a reality. Texarkana sits right on one of corridor links. That link goes from Ft. Worth to Little Rock. Texarkana is on one of the most important lines because the traffic is established and would only need upgrades. The trains would carry passengers and freight at speeds of between 90 and 110 mph. http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2.../business01.txt

The dream to develop a higher speed passenger and shipping rail corridor could soon be a reality. Texarkana sits right on one of corridor links. That link goes from Ft. Worth to Little Rock. Texarkana is on one of the most important lines because the traffic is established and would only need upgrades. The trains would carry passengers and freight at speeds of between 90 and 110 mph. http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2.../business01.txt

America needs more high-speed passenger rail like they have in Europe and Asia. I'm glad Texarkana could possibly become part of something like this.

In the article I think it mentioned Shreveport. Isn't there a proposal to bring Amtrak to Shreveport?

I forgot all about that. I never understood why we didn't have Amtrak, but all we have are Amtrak park-n-ride shuttles. You can park at a shuttle station and ride to Marshall to take the train. They never ran a line through here, but I forgot they've talked a lot about building a high-speed connector over this way. It would be a nice addition, that's for sure.