Proposed Super 7

PBoyce79

There is no more sensitive subject for Southwest Connecticut than Super 7. The Highway that should have been built 40 years ago but never was, growing up in Danbury has made this story of legend and I thought it deserved to be here.

Here is a link to the Newstimes recent story http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1032535

Here is the link Pro super7 web page http://www.route7.org/index.html

Its hard to say if it should be built or not.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure if they make long term fixes to Metro North, and they plan on that, they'll straighten the line enough to go faster than 15 mph. The state in support of Fairfield County residents can't help but talk about the rail line and its "potential".

I bet even with the upgrades, Super 7 is still needed and more CT residents would be tempted to still use the Harlem Line over in NY.

I'm pretty sure if they make long term fixes to Metro North, and they plan on that, they'll straighten the line enough to go faster than 15 mph. The state in support of Fairfield County residents can't help but talk about the rail line and its "potential".

I bet even with the upgrades, Super 7 is still needed and more CT residents would be tempted to still use the Harlem Line over in NY.

• 2 years later...

Super 7 just added 2.3 miles to the north, Gov. Rell was also the first person to drive along the bypass.

Brookfield Route 7 bypass is open to traffic

Also the widening just south of I-84 is underway in Danbury.

The Widening of Route 7 in Wilton is also close to completion.

There is only now a small section that is not four lanes from Norwalk to New Milford.

Archived