A new tallest for Grand Junction?

Front_Range_Guy

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I found this photo of Downtown Grand Junction. Considering how small GJ is, it doesn't look terrible. I've only been through there twice in my life, the last time was in 1998 and I was only 14 or 15.

The Alpine Bank Building IS the cities tallest right now, it looks to be 11 or 12-stories... so the hospital tower could be a new tallest, but not by much.

Grand Junction, CO

Yeah, Grand Junction is the largest city in Western Colorado... it's about 30 miles from the Utah border. The City of Grand Junction is home to about 45,000 residents and the metro area is home to about 130,000.

The city has a very moderate climate and is growing like a weed, it's often compared with St. George, UT.

More on GJ.

I dont' know about the income thing, but generally speaking the smaller the city in Colorado the lower the average income...

Grand Junction is one of these little Mountain West towns that exploded out of nothing in the '90s and I think a lot of it is retirees. I've also heard Grand Junction is very conservative.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Front Range Guy for the in-depth analysts of Grand Junction :thumbsup: Very interesting location and nice looking buildings too. Keep keeping us posted.

And thanks for keeping us posted on the "new" proposals for the Tallest high-rises out in the western U.S.

Archived