Car Sharing

GHartford

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The burden of proof is not on me, it's on you. I've never claimed evidence of anything, I've only shot my opinion out there. That being said, I have yet to see this "truth" that it won't work in Hartford, just some conjecture. So, since it's truth, find me the study saying this won't work here, find me the failed business that tried it and failed. Find me all the experts that said it can't happen. You can't because they don't exist, truth indeed...

The burden of proof is not on me, it's on you. I've never claimed evidence of anything, I've only shot my opinion out there. That being said, I have yet to see this "truth" that it won't work in Hartford, just some conjecture. So, since it's truth, find me the study saying this won't work here, find me the failed business that tried it and failed. Find me all the experts that said it can't happen. You can't because they don't exist, truth indeed...

:rolleyes:

I guess this discussion is dead until a realistic poster comes along who isn't dreaming about the endless possibilities in Hartford.

There is nothing else I can really say, you aren't making a counterargument.

Your argument is "anything is possible, no proof needed." :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I guess this discussion is dead until a realistic poster comes along who isn't dreaming about the endless possibilities in Hartford.

There is nothing else I can really say, you aren't making a counterargument.

Your argument is "anything is possible, no proof needed." :rolleyes:

Did you skip over the excerpt from an interview I posted above?

if so, here it is again...

Let me highlight what he said here.....ZIPCAR works in big cities with the majority of users living and working in the city.

They fit in where there is good public transportation and close to 10% of the cities people drive to work everyday.

Is it me or is every bolded point the OPPOSITE of Hartford....?

Maybe it is me. Sorry.

I should get my masters in "Truth vs. Perception"

Good Lord, folks, take a breather and relax!

So, some of us think Zipcar or Flexcar will work in Hartford; some don't; some think maybe in the future. There is not enough proof out there to make one view right and one view wrong.

The one thing we know for sure is that neither Zipcar or Flexcar service is currently offered in Hartford. Therefore, we can assume that neither company believes the Hartford market is there -- at least right now.

All:

Now, lets look at it from the business side. I mean, if zipcar came in (not sure if it is a franchise or not) to Hartford, it would be a risk of capital. Now, maybe some of you thinkl it wouldn't work, but I would have advice -- don't invest. However, if you do believe it would be a success -- invest.

Entreprenuers do fail at times -- but if they do they try again. Unless, Zipcar and Flexcar are company owned, you might see someone buying a franchise for the Hartford market.

JimS

Archived