Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

Just thought maybe we should have an actual topic to discuss the Razorbacks. I haven't had much luck getting a lot of responses in the sports topic in the main Arkansas coffeeshop forum. Thought maybe I might have a better shot over here. There's already been a topic started talking about all the turmoil and possible coaching changes. So I thought I'd mention something else to start this off. Jamaal Anderson's stock has been rising in the NFL draft. I've some say he could go as high as 6th. Apparently Chris Houston has also been attracting some attention with some of his results at the NFL combine as well.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of the Lady Razorback teams also. The women's basketball team started off hot this year as usual against non-SEC teams but fizzled out in the conference season. That's been the story since Gary Blair departed for Texas A&M where he has been leading that team to post season play. With all the turmoil in the athletic programs this year I wonder if Suzie Gardner's job is in danger. Like Stan Heath, I think she's a nice classy person but hasn't been able to recruit the type players that she needs to compete in the tough SEC women's conference. Any other Lady'Back fans out there? and what are your opinions?

I'm a fan of the Lady Razorback teams also. The women's basketball team started off hot this year as usual against non-SEC teams but fizzled out in the conference season. That's been the story since Gary Blair departed for Texas A&M where he has been leading that team to post season play. With all the turmoil in the athletic programs this year I wonder if Suzie Gardner's job is in danger. Like Stan Heath, I think she's a nice classy person but hasn't been able to recruit the type players that she needs to compete in the tough SEC women's conference. Any other Lady'Back fans out there? and what are your opinions?

from what i know shes got a top 5 class coming in this next year and theres supposed to be some gems in there with whitney zachariason and some other in state players. if they dont get it done next year i think we need to look elsewhere.

from what i know shes got a top 5 class coming in this next year and theres supposed to be some gems in there with whitney zachariason and some other in state players. if they dont get it done next year i think we need to look elsewhere.

I'm sitting here watching the SEC women's tournament on Fox Sports and they just announced that Suzie Gardner resigned today. That's a surprise, very sudden.

Just thought maybe we should have an actual topic to discuss the Razorbacks. I haven't had much luck getting a lot of responses in the sports topic in the main Arkansas coffeeshop forum. Thought maybe I might have a better shot over here. There's already been a topic started talking about all the turmoil and possible coaching changes. So I thought I'd mention something else to start this off. Jamaal Anderson's stock has been rising in the NFL draft. I've some say he could go as high as 6th. Apparently Chris Houston has also been attracting some attention with some of his results at the NFL combine as well.

I didn't know that Chris Houston was that fast. I think he was the second fastest at the combine. I don't really know though. But if I ran a 40 in 4.32 sec. I would consider myself studly.

I'm sitting here watching the SEC women's tournament on Fox Sports and they just announced that Suzie Gardner resigned today. That's a surprise, very sudden.

I think the only reason it was a surprise is because the women's programs don't get as much attention as the men's. Otherwise we would have already heard all the speculation like Heath. But yeah I think they'd like to have a coach that can at least be a little more competitive in SEC play. Didn't Gardner finish the season losing something like 10 in a row.

I didn't know that Chris Houston was that fast. I think he was the second fastest at the combine. I don't really know though. But if I ran a 40 in 4.32 sec. I would consider myself studly.

I wonder if he was getting the same special training Matt Jones did. He went to some special trainer that helped him work on some of the things the focus on at the combine.

Is it possible? Arkansas has just won 2 SEC games in a row. Both games were against decent teams as well. :shok:

Maybe Stan really wants to keep his job.

Arkansas - 82 Vandy - 67

Yeah I still have my doubts on being able to win the SEC Tournament. But at least they are looking good going into it. Too bad they waited this long to start playing more up to their potential.

Just incase you have not heard yet, Arkansas has won the first round of the SEC Tournament. They blew out South Carolina 82-52. If they can just keep playing like this then maybe we might just make it somewhere. Tomorrows game is against a much tougher Vandy, but we did beat them last week. Go Hogs!

Just incase you have not heard yet, Arkansas has won the first round of the SEC Tournament. They blew out South Carolina 82-52. If they can just keep playing like this then maybe we might just make it somewhere. Tomorrows game is against a much tougher Vandy, but we did beat them last week. Go Hogs!

Yeah, I was sorta hoping they'd take it easy near the end of the game. They have to play again tomorrow. No sense in wearing yourself out in a blowout and then lose the next game. Playing games in a row like that were always what kept Nolan from winning the SEC Tournament more often. In other news Alabama lost pretty big to Kentucky. It in a way I think could help the Razorbacks. Now we don't have to worry about Alabama taking a spot in the NCAA Tournament. I think one SEC West team could get in. Alabama was the best bet, Ole Miss and Miss State had better SEC records than both Arkansas and Alabama but their non-conference is a joke. Of course you never know, the SEC West may get snubbed unless one of them wins the SEC Tournament.

Gary Ervin has been playing a lot better than he was during the season. He has stepped his game up big time. And only 4 turnovers?! Wow. That is very impressive compared to our usual 15 or somewhere around there. Keep playing like this and I think we'll do fine.

I was pretty nervous there. Hogs pull out a 1 point win over Vandy. This should start giving us more consideration for the NCAA Tournament. But I really wouldn't want to simply rely on this. I think a win over Miss St is going to be needed. I think one team from the SEC West could get a spot. It could possibly come down to the winner of the Arkansas-Miss St game.

I was pretty nervous there. Hogs pull out a 1 point win over Vandy. This should start giving us more consideration for the NCAA Tournament. But I really wouldn't want to simply rely on this. I think a win over Miss St is going to be needed. I think one team from the SEC West could get a spot. It could possibly come down to the winner of the Arkansas-Miss St game.

That was scary! I am over in Tulsa and was unable to watch it, so I just followed it online. I hate close games like that but I am so thrilled we won. We are now at the 20 win mark but I really think that we need one more to be "on the bubble." If we are going to win 4 or 5 games in a row, I guess this is the best time of year to do it.

That was scary! I am over in Tulsa and was unable to watch it, so I just followed it online. I hate close games like that but I am so thrilled we won. We are now at the 20 win mark but I really think that we need one more to be "on the bubble." If we are going to win 4 or 5 games in a row, I guess this is the best time of year to do it.

Yeah it's too bad they couldn't play like this for much of the season. But like you said, it's a good time to finally start playing like this and working up a winning streak.

I still think that Gary Ervin should've held the ball on for a little bit longer. It gave Vandy plenty of time to get down the court to get a shot off. I think the number one thing that we need big time improvement on is the rotation from picks. We still have a lot of learning to do on how to rotate. Our offense sometimes can't get it done a lot of times. We have a streak and then the other team comes back and we need a little more intensity on offense. But, I'm loving the way the Hogs are playing. Keep it up.

Hogs are down by a point at the half against Miss State. Miss State took a decent lead in the latter part of the first half. I was worried the Razorbacks were starting to run out of gas. But they came back and even took the lead for a little bit before Miss State managed to get the lead back just before halftime. Hopefully they can keep it going because the NCAA Tournament hopes might rest on this game. It's hard to say though. I've seen some sports sites acting like not only do the Razorbacks have to make it to the SEC Final but look respectable against Florida (assuming Florida is going to win). It sounds like the bids are really dwindling, any more upsets could make it even harder for the Razorbacks to get in unless they win the SEC Title. I'm worried that even if they make it past Miss State of how much gas will be left in the tank against a team like Florida.

The Hogs had another great second half. Arkansas started building a lead and Miss State just never really had an answer. I suppose they still aren't guaranteed a spot in the NCAA Tournament yet, but you'd have to start thinking their chances are good. I still think only one SEC West team has a shot at the tournament. While we might have a better shot against Ole Miss I'd still think facing Florida would be better. If Ole Miss some reason beat Florida and then managed to beat us I would think we'd be out again.

The Hogs had another great second half. Arkansas started building a lead and Miss State just never really had an answer. I suppose they still aren't guaranteed a spot in the NCAA Tournament yet, but you'd have to start thinking their chances are good. I still think only one SEC West team has a shot at the tournament. While we might have a better shot against Ole Miss I'd still think facing Florida would be better. If Ole Miss some reason beat Florida and then managed to beat us I would think we'd be out again.

I see your point on that. I still think that we have a much better shot at beating Ole Miss though. It is probably worth the risk so that we might be able to call ourselves SEC Champs for the first time in 7 years.

I see your point on that. I still think that we have a much better shot at beating Ole Miss though. It is probably worth the risk so that we might be able to call ourselves SEC Champs for the first time in 7 years.

Patrick Beverley just made SEC frosh of the year, no?

As such, I nominate "Northwest Arkansas" as a secondary MVP on this year's squad...had this region not changed so much I doubt we'd have landed Mr. Beverley (who was so impressed with "our town"), even though this team isn't a one-man show.

That is true, I certainly would like our chances in beating Ole Miss more than Florida. But it would really suck if we finally ran out of gas and Ole miss won. It's always possible that both teams could go, but it just seems like few people are thinking the SEC is very good this year. Anyway I have doubts it's going to matter. Still a lot of time left to play but Florida is looking pretty good.

I believe I heard the Razorbacks are tied for second with a few other teams at the Natl Indoor Track. Going to be hard for them to win it though. They didn't qualify a lot of people and have had some bad showings leading up to this. Their ranking even dropped all the way down to 12th going into this.

Well not only do we have the same two teams for the SEC Championship for football. It's being played in the very same facility. I've noticed the Hogs aren't being mentioned much on ESPN's bubble talk. I'm not sure if it's because they think we've gotten in. Or if they think we need to win the SEC Tournament and aren't giving us a chance against Florida. If this wasn't our 4th game in 4 days I'd like our chances a little better. It would be horrible to get this far and then not even end up in the NCAA Tournament.

The Razorbacks have had some big second halves in the SEC Tournament and they'll need another one to beat Florida. Down by 8 to them after the first half. They've weathered the storm pretty well. Certainly a lot better than any other team so far in the tournament. The Razorbacks even had chances for the lead a few times. Florida hasn't even trailed this whole tournament yet. I was worried Arkansas might run out of gas but so far it just seems like Florida is hitting on all cylinders and looks like a team that's ready to go far into the NCAA Tournament.

Archived