Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

Tulsa has always had a large number of Razorback fans. I've never really understood why and I don't think the rest of Oklahoma has as many, but putting that sign there makes sense. The UA has to recruit everywhere just because the recruiting base in Arkansas isn't that large and some instate athletes are going to leave.

What street is that on? Next I go to Tulsa I'll visit it and it'll bring a big grin to my face!

It is located on I-44 and the 41st/Sheridan exit, near Promenade Mall. So it is very visible being right on I-44 but it is one of those changing signs that flips to some other add every 10 seconds or so.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

The University of Arkansas Lady Razorback volleyball team hosted an exciting tournament this weekend. The Ladybacks are a young team this year with with several freshman and red shirted players. The Clarion Inn Invitational had teams from Pepperdine University, the University of Pittsburg, Georgia Tech and the UA. After a shaky loss to Georgia Tech Friday night, the Ladybacks rebounded with a a win over the University of Pittsburg Saturday afternoon and a thrilling 5 game match win over Pepperdine University Saturday night. They were led by tournament MVP Jessica Dorrell with 26 kills and All-Tournament Team member Christina Lawrence.

For anyone who hasn't ever been to a collegiate volleyball match it is a fast paced sport with very athletic players. The athletes compete with an enthusiasum that is very entertaining to watch. If you have a chance you should check out a match- it's a lot of fun and and a good positive way to spend an evening. Here's a link to the Lady Razorback site for schedule info and all other sport info you could need.UA Lady Razorbacks site

Just over an hour before the 1st game of the season. I hope that we come out ready to play and that it won't be like the last 2 seasons first games where we lose by 40 or 50 points.

Also, incase anyone wanted to know #5 Michigan lost at home to Appalachian State earlier today. This is the first time in NCAA history that a ranked Division I-A school has lost to a Division I-AA school.

Here is the story if you missed it: Michigan Upset

Just over an hour before the 1st game of the season. I hope that we come out ready to play and that it won't be like the last 2 seasons first games where we lose by 40 or 50 points.

Also, incase anyone wanted to know #5 Michigan lost at home to Appalachian State earlier today. This is the first time in NCAA history that a ranked Division I-A school has lost to a Division I-AA school.

Here is the story if you missed it: Michigan Upset

Yeah that was pretty wild. Just goes to show you can't take these 'little' teams for granted. The Razorbacks have been getting mentioned indirectly because of that game. I've seen a few sources mention Citadel beating Arkansas in that season opener and Crowe getting canned for it. But yeah Arkansas hasn't always come out in the season opener very well. I just hope they took notice of Appalachia State/Michigan game.

Razorbacks beat troy 46-26. Troy scored a TD at the very end of the game. But it was actually pretty close at the half 23-17. A bit off topic but one score that surprised me was Arkansas State at #4 Texas. They only lost 21-13, not bad at all.

A good first game- much better than the last two seasons. Passing defense hurt us some but the offense looked about like I expected. Hopefully when Marcus Monk gets back our passing game will improve.

Looks like the Razorbacks moved up to 16th in both of the big polls. The SEC has 6 teams ranked. Granted 3 in one and two of the others are at the very bottom of the top 25. Auburn dropped out but South Carolina moved up. Outside of LSU and Florida, Arkansas is now the next highest ranked team. We'll have to see if they can hold that with Alabama coming up. LSU made up some space on USC. They're still second, but after that impressive win last night they're not too far behind on points now.

Hard loss for the Razorbacks last night. Didn't appear to be a good job of the referees. And I do mean on both sides. The Hogs did get some calls go to them that were questionable as well. I will say I was impressed that they came back the way they did. It wasn't looking too good for a while. Too bad McFadden wasn't in that last drive because of the slight concussion. Not sure it would have mattered though. I always thought we get a bit too conservative in situations like that. Perhaps the only good thing was that Auburn lost also and they didn't look too good. I think it's going to be hard for anyone to beat LSU to win the SEC West. But hopefully we still have a shot at second in the SEC West. While Saban did beat us, I still don't think he's going to turn them around that quickly.

Hard loss for the Razorbacks last night. Didn't appear to be a good job of the referees. And I do mean on both sides. The Hogs did get some calls go to them that were questionable as well. I will say I was impressed that they came back the way they did. It wasn't looking too good for a while. Too bad McFadden wasn't in that last drive because of the slight concussion. Not sure it would have mattered though. I always thought we get a bit too conservative in situations like that. Perhaps the only good thing was that Auburn lost also and they didn't look too good. I think it's going to be hard for anyone to beat LSU to win the SEC West. But hopefully we still have a shot at second in the SEC West. While Saban did beat us, I still don't think he's going to turn them around that quickly.

I was surprised the way the Hogs came back. But the game shows how one dimensional the Razorbacks are without McFadden. I watched part of the Kentucky game and I wonder if the Hogs can stop or keep up with them. I don't know if Arkansas wants to win the West after watching Florida yesterday.

I was surprised the way the Hogs came back. But the game shows how one dimensional the Razorbacks are without McFadden. I watched part of the Kentucky game and I wonder if the Hogs can stop or keep up with them. I don't know if Arkansas wants to win the West after watching Florida yesterday.

Yeah I'm not sure how they'll do against some of the other SEC teams as well. But I'm like you, I was impressed at how they came back from being down quite a bit on the road. But I still don't think we have enough of a balanced offense to win enough games to worry about winning the SEC West. As good as LSU looks I think I'd be happy if they ended up taking second in the SEC West.

Arkansas fell out of the top 25 in both the AP and Coachs Polls. We are 26th in the AP and 27th in the Coaches. Very, very dissapointing it has ruined my weekend. At least Oklahoma won again.

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see us drop all the way out. That and Alabama jumped all the way up to 16 in the AP already after not being ranked. Seemed a little extreme in both cases.

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see us drop all the way out. That and Alabama jumped all the way up to 16 in the AP already after not being ranked. Seemed a little extreme in both cases.

I wasn't sure Kentucky deserved to be ranked but we can take care of that situation on Saturday. Beating them will probably put us back between 20 and 25 somewhere.

I wasn't sure Kentucky deserved to be ranked but we can take care of that situation on Saturday. Beating them will probably put us back between 20 and 25 somewhere.

Yeah it looked like we were just right outside the 25th spot. And if we can't beat Kentucky, then obviously we don't deserve to be ranked. They're going to have to do something about defense though. The way Alabama tore through our secondary you know that Kentucky is going to try the same thing.

Yeah it looked like we were just right outside the 25th spot. And if we can't beat Kentucky, then obviously we don't deserve to be ranked. They're going to have to do something about defense though. The way Alabama tore through our secondary you know that Kentucky is going to try the same thing.

Kentucky is not the usual below average football team this year. They beat rival Louisville who was ranked #9. They have decent passing attack or at least one that is better than ours. They don't have as good of a run game but hopefully since it is in Fayetteville we can pull this off.

Kentucky is not the usual below average football team this year. They beat rival Louisville who was ranked #9. They have decent passing attack or at least one that is better than ours. They don't have as good of a run game but hopefully since it is in Fayetteville we can pull this off.

While true and we certainly can't overlook Kentucky, I will also point out that Louisville hadn't been looking too impressive this season and was probably over ranked. Sounds like McFadden is fine and that the concussion was rather minor. I think our offense will do alright, it's probably more of a question of can our defense slow down their offense. Sounds like our defense might be rearranged some people to try to better handle their passing attack.

Well if the loss to Kentucky wasn't bad enough, now it sounds like third string running back Michael Smith (I think that's his name) is in trouble with the law. Possibly even arrested. Details are sketchy, but if losing wasn't bad enough all the players getting in trouble aren't going to be helping Houston Nutt keep his job.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Arkansas did get a win against Chattanooga but it certainly wasn't pretty. They started by giving up a safety right from the beginning. I'm pretty sure Chattanooga is a Div II team. Not too impressive to have to slowly pull away in the second half. But we still didn't beat them by that much.

Archived