Columbus Area Business Wish List

mitchella81

I just returned from a trip to B'ham and dined at Bonefish. Anyone have any news or new rumors re: Bonefish?

On Ben Carters website they are still mentioning that Bonefish will be built with the new development at Columbus Park Crossing. They also indicate that Fresh Market is coming also, no other tenants have been revealed yet, nor has a date for construction to begin. Hopefully it will be soon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been checking and I can not find anyone that has any idea when this new development will startup. I hope that it will be soon. I am also wondering about the property beside ashley furniture, I keep hearing about a big announcement but that also has not happened.

I have been checking and I can not find anyone that has any idea when this new development will startup. I hope that it will be soon. I am also wondering about the property beside ashley furniture, I keep hearing about a big announcement but that also has not happened.

I keep hearing that rumor too about the big announcment next to Ashley Furniture, but not sure what or when. I noticed about 2 months ago there was a new Columbus Park Crossing sign going up behind Ashley overlooking J.R. Allen Parkway. It still remains mostly vacant with the name of tenants so I don't know if thats for the new development next to Kohls or the rumored Big announcment next to Ashley. Something in my gut tells me that it's going to be a Bass Pro shop going next to Ashley, It is known that they are shopping around the Columbus area for property so that might be it.

I keep hearing that rumor too about the big announcment next to Ashley Furniture, but not sure what or when. I noticed about 2 months ago there was a new Columbus Park Crossing sign going up behind Ashley overlooking J.R. Allen Parkway. It still remains mostly vacant with the name of tenants so I don't know if thats for the new development next to Kohls or the rumored Big announcment next to Ashley. Something in my gut tells me that it's going to be a Bass Pro shop going next to Ashley, It is known that they are shopping around the Columbus area for property so that might be it.

I still do not think that the property next to ashley is big enough for a bass pro shop. I hope that they will build in the columbus area but I am afraid that it will not be there. I also would like to hear that some more developments are coming to the midland area.

I still do not think that the property next to ashley is big enough for a bass pro shop. I hope that they will build in the columbus area but I am afraid that it will not be there. I also would like to hear that some more developments are coming to the midland area.

I totally agree. That site is way too small for a Bass Pro Shop. It might fit across the road somewhere though. Midland would be a perfect place for one, especially behind the new Wal-Mart Supercenter in Midland where the Swift plant is located.

I totally agree. That site is way too small for a Bass Pro Shop. It might fit across the road somewhere though. Midland would be a perfect place for one, especially behind the new Wal-Mart Supercenter in Midland where the Swift plant is located.

I agree that the Midland area would be a great place for a new shopping center anchored by Bass Pro Shop. I also think Columbus as a whole can stand alot more retail, we are still lacking in some areas.

I heard it could be a REI. But really kind of doubt that with the Dick's right down the street...

I kind of doubt it to. Their product line does not seem to fit well in an area such as Columbus.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean. They were considering a site in Macon, at one time. So I'm not sure why Columbus would be any different. They have more outdoorsy gear, for sure, but a lot of military folks eat that kind of stuff up, and with Columbus/PC becoming known in the kayaking world.... It's probably as much that there's not enough population to support a Dick's and a REI in that close proximity.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean. They were considering a site in Macon, at one time. So I'm not sure why Columbus would be any different. They have more outdoorsy gear, for sure, but a lot of military folks eat that kind of stuff up, and with Columbus/PC becoming known in the kayaking world.... It's probably as much that there's not enough population to support a Dick's and a REI in that close proximity.

I just thought that they seem to lean more toward cold weather gear. Maybe I am wrong. They do carry alot of cycling and kayak gear also. If they ever build whitewater they would possibly thrive in that market.

• 8 months later...

Oh. I forgot about that. We may already have too many outdoorsy stores. But maybe not.

Momma Goldbergs is expanding again. They had a location in Columbus in that little strip right across from CSU years ago. I wish they'd put another one in again. And the Rio Bravo/Wildfish would make an awesome Up the Creek location.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to see a WaMu (Washington Mutual Bank) in a centralized location... preferably Midtown. I hate all of the other local banks.

Didn't WaMu go bust? There's Bank of America, but it's down near Ft Benning. I think Wells Fargo (that bought Wachovia) will be a good bank.

Wamu is gone, it collapsed like Wachovia.

Hmmm... perhaps I may be too optimistic for the company? Even though Wachovia fell through they haven't stopped plans to build the new facility along Macon Road. J.P. Morgan (which is one of the strongest national banks in the nation) and rightfully so because the Chase part of it is personal/commercial banking and J.P. Morgan serves as a bank exclusively for the wealthy. I assumed that the takeover of WaMu by J.P. Morgan would give them enough leverage to perhaps set up a business down here. I've been with Wachovia and CB&T, and my close friend has issues with Sun Trust, my mother and uncle had bad experiences with Bank of America, so do you see why I ask? LOL. My grandmother has banked with TIC for years and she seems to be doing really well with them, but that's too local for a college student like me. But it was just a question... I suppose I'll have to wait until I transfer to Emory before I can really do anything with my money at WaMu.

Hmmm... perhaps I may be too optimistic for the company? Even though Wachovia fell through they haven't stopped plans to build the new facility along Macon Road. J.P. Morgan (which is one of the strongest national banks in the nation) and rightfully so because the Chase part of it is personal/commercial banking and J.P. Morgan serves as a bank exclusively for the wealthy. I assumed that the takeover of WaMu by J.P. Morgan would give them enough leverage to perhaps set up a business down here. I've been with Wachovia and CB&T, and my close friend has issues with Sun Trust, my mother and uncle had bad experiences with Bank of America, so do you see why I ask? LOL. My grandmother has banked with TIC for years and she seems to be doing really well with them, but that's too local for a college student like me. But it was just a question... I suppose I'll have to wait until I transfer to Emory before I can really do anything with my money at WaMu.

As a native Atlantain I know what a great Bank Wamu is. It does seem crazy with all the military in the city of Columbus it would be here. However Columbus has a great problem that would prevent Wamu from coming here. Many national banks don't want to touch the Columbus market because it is so saturated already. Bank of America had long wanted to Come into Columbus, but were hesitant because local banks like CB&T control the majority of the market. Then the buyouts by Wachovia put them at number two in the market taking control of First Union then later southtrust. It's hard for a bank to survive in this market unless its already establish the best thing we can hope for is that a major bank like Wamu would buyout a smaller bank here like Community bank and trust, or First Bank of Columbus. TIC is really not that bad I have been with them for a little over a year now. You can actually access your account at nearly any credit union in the country because they are a member of the CU credit family its great because you dodge ATM fees and such at member credit unions in other cities. I've been all the way out to California and was fee free and could still make deposits to my TIC account at a CU credit union.

As a native Atlantain I know what a great Bank Wamu is. It does seem crazy with all the military in the city of Columbus it would be here. However Columbus has a great problem that would prevent Wamu from coming here. Many national banks don't want to touch the Columbus market because it is so saturated already. Bank of America had long wanted to Come into Columbus, but were hesitant because local banks like CB&T control the majority of the market. Then the buyouts by Wachovia put them at number two in the market taking control of First Union then later southtrust. It's hard for a bank to survive in this market unless its already establish the best thing we can hope for is that a major bank like Wamu would buyout a smaller bank here like Community bank and trust, or First Bank of Columbus. TIC is really not that bad I have been with them for a little over a year now. You can actually access your account at nearly any credit union in the country because they are a member of the CU credit family its great because you dodge ATM fees and such at member credit unions in other cities. I've been all the way out to California and was fee free and could still make deposits to my TIC account at a CU credit union.

Isn't there a BoA branch in South Columbus just off the base?

• 1 month later...

Archived