Columbus Area Business Wish List

mitchella81

We have one, on Shomburg Road! :)
oh really we have a hungry howies pizza on shomburg road where is shomburg road at in columbus because im going to go and get me some pizza from there i love there pizza. Because when I go to panama city florida to go to the beach I go to the hungry howies down there and get me some pizza when im down there. But now I can go to the hungry howies here now in columbus because we got one now think god im so glad that columbus has a hungry howies now. They have good pizza.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my list of things that I would love to see come to columbus georgia

1. ingles grocery store

2.Bojangles

3.Del taco

4.johnny rockets the original hamburgers

5.banana republic

6.five guys famous burgers and fries

7.in-n-out burger

8.el pollo loco

9.jack in the box fast food restraunt

10.white castle fast food restraunt

11.carls jr.

12.finish line clothing store

13.nordstrom clothing store

Now here is my list of major work that needs to be done to columbus georgia

1.columbus needs a bigger arena or civic center because the columbus civic center is to small the seats in the arena sit to low and the floor space is to small columbus needs to build a bigger arena or civic center

2.columbus needs to work more on downtown like fixing the roads in downtown because the roads have holes in the road so the roads need to be worked on and paved again in downtown columbus. columbus also needs to work on and remodel some of the old buildings in downtown columbus like they could remodel them and fix them and turn them into real nice restraunts and stores and clubs to bring more nightlife into downtown columbus. next I would love downtown columbus to work more on its downtown skyline downtown columbus needs more taller buildings downtown to give downtown a better and bigger skyline so I would love to see some tall hotels or condos downtown in columbus like the hotels or condos can be 13 to 14 stories in downtown columbus

Below is a example picture of some 13 to 14 story hotels or condos that would look great in downtown columbus.

610x.jpg

plaza_lofts.jpg

front.jpg

101Walnut.jpg

Those are some great business that may fit comfortablly into this market. I remember at one time Bojangles was talking about coming into the market, but i guess those plans have since died off. I know at one time some years back there was one on Hwy 280 in Cussetta about 10 miles outside of Columbus. I have not been that way in years so I don't know if it's still there. A few of those I know would not come into the Columbus Market like White Castle (they are up north and krystals in the south) Jack in the box is a west coast thing, but I think What-a-burger would be nice they opened two up in Montgomery, AL a few years back and they also had one in Tallahassee, FL so I could see them coming in. Carls Jr. is just Hardees of the west coast and this area already has Hardees. It would be nice to see Nordstroms enter into the Columbus Market, but I just don't see it as a fit to the economy of this area maybe we could hope for Belk.

Now something that I would really love to see is some more high end resturants near downtown. Columbus has secured most of the major casual dining type resturants, but it would be nice to go out to a more formal resturant downtown after leaving out of a show at the Rivercenter or Springer. Not just Piccasos or Marios.

Those are some great business that may fit comfortablly into this market. I remember at one time Bojangles was talking about coming into the market, but i guess those plans have since died off. I know at one time some years back there was one on Hwy 280 in Cussetta about 10 miles outside of Columbus. I have not been that way in years so I don't know if it's still there. A few of those I know would not come into the Columbus Market like White Castle (they are up north and krystals in the south) Jack in the box is a west coast thing, but I think What-a-burger would be nice they opened two up in Montgomery, AL a few years back and they also had one in Tallahassee, FL so I could see them coming in. Carls Jr. is just Hardees of the west coast and this area already has Hardees. It would be nice to see Nordstroms enter into the Columbus Market, but I just don't see it as a fit to the economy of this area maybe we could hope for Belk.

Now something that I would really love to see is some more high end resturants near downtown. Columbus has secured most of the major casual dining type resturants, but it would be nice to go out to a more formal resturant downtown after leaving out of a show at the Rivercenter or Springer. Not just Piccasos or Marios.

I wouldn't exactly consider Picasso's to be formal... I've been there on more than several occasions. Nordstroms? That would be HOT. But does Columbus has the wealth to support that? If someone did decide to move something that high end down here, it would be SO incredibly small.

• 1 month later...

I think columbus georgia needs to bring more attractions to the city because to me columbus is just boring not trying to be mean and im not trying to put the city down but its the truth theres hardly nothing to do here but go shopping and go walking down the riverwalk and thats about it there is to do here.The next thing Im going to say yaw people probably want agree with me on it but oh well who cares but what Im going to say is I would like to see columbus get a water park and yaw are probably going to say why thats not going to happen or someone always has something negative to say but oh well but my other question is I dont under stand how the heck does valdosta georgia have a wild adventures theme park in there city when there city is small and there population is not that big to support a theme park but valdosta georgia has a theme park thats just so weird and another thing is how does dothan alabama have a water park in there city when they dont have enough population to support a waterpark either but they have a water park in there city its just wierd and I just dont understand why columbus dont have something like this like a water park in our city because we sure have the right population in our city to support one especially with all the growth thats going to be coming to columbus in the next few years for brac just imagine if columbus did get a waterpark just imagine how much business that waterpark would be making during the summertime that waterpark would probably be jammed and packed with people coming from all over from the phenix city areas lagrange areas and most certainly the columbus area. Oh and another thing is I no auburn has a water park but thats in alabama and whenever we go to auburns waterpark were throwing our money away and pumping our money into the alabama econemy and were giving our money to there city we need one in columbus georgia but oh well we will just have to wait and see. Oh and another thing is talking about brac where the heck is all these people suppose to work when they move to our area because these soliders when they move to our area there probably going to bring there family and friends to and these people are going to have to work and find jobs down here but I guess these people are thinking that columbus is going to big city since they have never been here before but they will get down here and find out that its not all that big of a city and they will be wanting to move back home so im just waiting to see how all this is going to work out and another thing what is all this people going to do for attractions because columbus does not hardly have any fun attractions and some of these people moving down here are going to want more attractions and more things to do. Oh and my last question why the heck does columbus build everything small I mean come on people its wierd all I have to say is columbus needs to find somehow to get somemore money from the state or somewhere so columbus can bring more jobs to the area for all of these people that are going to be moving downhere and columbus needs to get more money to bring more attractions to the city.

I think columbus georgia needs to bring more attractions to the city because to me columbus is just boring not trying to be mean and im not trying to put the city down but its the truth theres hardly nothing to do here but go shopping and go walking down the riverwalk and thats about it there is to do here.The next thing Im going to say yaw people probably want agree with me on it but oh well who cares but what Im going to say is I would like to see columbus get a water park and yaw are probably going to say why thats not going to happen or someone always has something negative to say but oh well but my other question is I dont under stand how the heck does valdosta georgia have a wild adventures theme park in there city when there city is small and there population is not that big to support a theme park but valdosta georgia has a theme park thats just so weird and another thing is how does dothan alabama have a water park in there city when they dont have enough population to support a waterpark either but they have a water park in there city its just wierd and I just dont understand why columbus dont have something like this like a water park in our city because we sure have the right population in our city to support one especially with all the growth thats going to be coming to columbus in the next few years for brac just imagine if columbus did get a waterpark just imagine how much business that waterpark would be making during the summertime that waterpark would probably be jammed and packed with people coming from all over from the phenix city areas lagrange areas and most certainly the columbus area. Oh and another thing is I no auburn has a water park but thats in alabama and whenever we go to auburns waterpark were throwing our money away and pumping our money into the alabama econemy and were giving our money to there city we need one in columbus georgia but oh well we will just have to wait and see. Oh and another thing is talking about brac where the heck is all these people suppose to work when they move to our area because these soliders when they move to our area there probably going to bring there family and friends to and these people are going to have to work and find jobs down here but I guess these people are thinking that columbus is going to big city since they have never been here before but they will get down here and find out that its not all that big of a city and they will be wanting to move back home so im just waiting to see how all this is going to work out and another thing what is all this people going to do for attractions because columbus does not hardly have any fun attractions and some of these people moving down here are going to want more attractions and more things to do. Oh and my last question why the heck does columbus build everything small I mean come on people its wierd all I have to say is columbus needs to find somehow to get somemore money from the state or somewhere so columbus can bring more jobs to the area for all of these people that are going to be moving downhere and columbus needs to get more money to bring more attractions to the city.

1. I'd have to agree with you 100%. When I was 14, I always wondered why Surfside water park was never where I thought it was --- (off of University Avenue in Columbus... instead of Auburn/Opelika).

2. For a metro area of over 280,000 people... a mall with three anchor department stores, one floor, with a cafeteria-sized food court and a few small plazas to compliment a strip mall just isn't enough. Surely there must be more to these people down here than just discount shopping and eating (which we still need many more sit-in, white table cloth restaurants around town and not just at CPC). I was riding around the south side today and I was just wondering... what about these people? Will this always be the kind of neighborhood they see? I see new hotels going up, but nothing to really support them. I did see a very small and aesthetically adequate new plaza built adjacent to the twin extended stay studio-hotel rooms just off of Victory Drive near Dolly Madison Bakery. Still, it's really really depressing down there.

3. The Baker Village revitalization efforts look more like a REDO of the traditional "Section 8 Government Housing" concept. They LOOK like decorated slums. Passing by, I often wonder to myself... why didn't they put as much innovation into these as they did for Ashley Station? It's not enough that the land is SUPER flat... but the homes barely hit two stories. (sigh...) I also think they could have done a better job with the buildings aesthetically. That solid red brick is dull and dreary. Beige brick or earth colored stacked stone would have been the way to go... preferably the development should have been 3 and 4 stories as well, with the housing for low-income senior citizens being 5-6 stories with a more enhanced appearance... again, quite like Ashley Station.

Hopefully with all of the stimulus money that is supposedly coming to GA, I believe that with or without a recession, Columbus will need government assistance. 35-40,000 people is phenomenal growth, much like what Atlanta is experiencing at the moment, which explains the swath of construction projects up there.

I dont no what columbus georgias problem is but they seem to build everything small not trying to put the city down because I have lived here my whole life but its the truth they seem to build every small just like the hotels they build around columbus they build them to small when they build the hotels they only build them up to 3 to 4 storys and just being 3 to 4 storys there just to small and there just considered as a short cookie cutter motel they need to start building them bigger and higher like start building them up to 5 to 6 storys high and another thing I hate to say this because it may affend some people I may be wrong of what im fixing to say but in my opionion columbus needs a whole new city council im not trying to put the city council down either but im just saying columbus needs a new city council they need to hire a new group of city councils maybe hire a few young people onto the city council that will have better ideas for the city. ok and another thing im going to talk about is downtown columbus in my opionion I really dont consider downtown columbus to be a downtown because when you are riding around in downtown columbus it really does not feel like your in downtown because its just so small and with columbus having almost 200,000 thousand people in the city you would think that columbus would have a good looking downtown for a city its size but columbus does not have a good looking downtown for a city its size and whats so weird just look at georgias other cities like macon augusta and savvanah they all have a good looking downtown just look at macons downtown they have a bigger and nicier downtown than columbus does and macon has a smaller population of people than columbus does and everytime you turn around macon is always doing stuff to there downtown like building highrise hotels and other stuff in there downtown and columbus is still sitting here doing nothing to our downtown I mean come on columbus what is yaws problem why are yaw dragging behind on downtown I mean columbus is years behind on downtown so here is some things I would like to see come to downtown columbus I want to see some highrise hotels or highrise condos come to downtown columbus the highrise hotels or highrise condos need to be 13 to 14 stories high in downtown columbus.

1. I'd have to agree with you 100%. When I was 14, I always wondered why Surfside water park was never where I thought it was --- (off of University Avenue in Columbus... instead of Auburn/Opelika).

2. For a metro area of over 280,000 people... a mall with three anchor department stores, one floor, with a cafeteria-sized food court and a few small plazas to compliment a strip mall just isn't enough. Surely there must be more to these people down here than just discount shopping and eating (which we still need many more sit-in, white table cloth restaurants around town and not just at CPC). I was riding around the south side today and I was just wondering... what about these people? Will this always be the kind of neighborhood they see? I see new hotels going up, but nothing to really support them. I did see a very small and aesthetically adequate new plaza built adjacent to the twin extended stay studio-hotel rooms just off of Victory Drive near Dolly Madison Bakery. Still, it's really really depressing down there.

3. The Baker Village revitalization efforts look more like a REDO of the traditional "Section 8 Government Housing" concept. They LOOK like decorated slums. Passing by, I often wonder to myself... why didn't they put as much innovation into these as they did for Ashley Station? It's not enough that the land is SUPER flat... but the homes barely hit two stories. (sigh...) I also think they could have done a better job with the buildings aesthetically. That solid red brick is dull and dreary. Beige brick or earth colored stacked stone would have been the way to go... preferably the development should have been 3 and 4 stories as well, with the housing for low-income senior citizens being 5-6 stories with a more enhanced appearance... again, quite like Ashley Station.

Hopefully with all of the stimulus money that is supposedly coming to GA, I believe that with or without a recession, Columbus will need government assistance. 35-40,000 people is phenomenal growth, much like what Atlanta is experiencing at the moment, which explains the swath of construction projects up there.

I agree with you 100 percent to on the shopping thing in columbus.Columbus is going to need one more big strip mall like columbus park crossing in columbus they need to build one more big strip mall in columbus somewhere so all the people will have plenty of shopping to do and another thing I wish they would have made jr allen parkway go furthur on down because jr allen parkway goes down a little and it stops at the old swift mill plant where they have put up the traffic lights so I wish they should of have made jr allen parkway go further on down because then they could of have built one more big strip mall on down on all of that extra land they have further on down in muscogee county where jr allen parkway ends at the traffic lights by the old swift plant and then if you keep going straight it takes you onto that highway in muscogee county going toward macon they should of have made jr allen parkway go further on down this way to where the muscogee county line ends and it takes you into talbot county because if they would of have made jr allen parkway come on down further this way then they would of had all of that land to build another big strip mall on and some others things to like more hotels

• 2 weeks later...

I hear the powers that be in Columbus won't allow anything (else) over 5 or 6 stories in downtown, or anything that's not made of red brick. Maybe we should concentrate on 'Midtown' (where AFLAC is) for a skyline... I bet if Aflac built a new tower their current tower would be leased out faster than... some metaphor for something really fast.

I no this is a old post but im still going to answer to it and the question is why they wont let anything over 5 or 6 stories in downtown columbus georgia to me that just does not make any sense to me for them not to allow anything over 5 or 6 stories what is columbuses problem the whole city of columbus is just weird oh and also taking about the red brick I dont understand about how they wont let anything else in downtown unless its made of red brick in downtown columbus this also is so stupid and retarded and who ever made these rules about downtown not allowing anything over 6 stories and not allowing anything downtown unless its made of red brick these people who made these rules about downtown need to be slapped in the face real hard or slapped on there head real hard to knock some sense into there brain or head all I have to say is these are the most stupidest rules I have ever heard and these people who made these rules about downtown need to change the stupid crap about not allowing certain height or stories of buildings in downtown or the color or the material the building is made of in downtown this is just so stupid what where these people thinking and what is wrong with these people.And one more thing all I have to say is columbus is going to fail big time on downtown because of these stupid rules they have on downtown what a big mistake they made and also speaking of downtown columbus it looks like a hell hole. And im not trying to put downtown columbus down by calling it a hell hole but its the truth its a totally hell hole and the reason why its a hell hole is because the roads in parts of downtown columbus are really bad with holes and cracks in the roads columbus has got to fix the roads and repave the roads in parts of downtown columbus or it will even be a worse of a hell hole.

I hear the powers that be in Columbus won't allow anything (else) over 5 or 6 stories in downtown, or anything that's not made of red brick. Maybe we should concentrate on 'Midtown' (where AFLAC is) for a skyline... I bet if Aflac built a new tower their current tower would be leased out faster than... some metaphor for something really fast.

I no this is a old post but im still going to answer to it and the question is why they wont let anything over 5 or 6 stories in downtown columbus georgia to me that just does not make any sense to me for them not to allow anything over 5 or 6 stories what is columbuses problem the whole city of columbus is just weird oh and also talking about the red brick I dont understand about how they wont let anything else in downtown unless its made of red brick in downtown columbus this also is so stupid and retarded and who ever made these rules about downtown not allowing anything over 6 stories and not allowing anything downtown unless its made of red brick these people who made these rules about downtown need to be slapped in the face real hard or slapped on there head real hard to knock some sense into there brain or head all I have to say is these are the most stupidest rules I have ever heard and these people who made these rules about downtown need to change the stupid crap about not allowing certain height or stories of buildings in downtown or the color or the material the building is made of in downtown this is just so stupid what where these people thinking and what is wrong with these people.And one more thing all I have to say is columbus is going to fail big time on downtown because of these stupid rules they have on downtown what a big mistake they made and also speaking of downtown columbus it looks like a hell hole.And im not trying to put downtown columbus down by calling it a hell hole but its the truth its a totally hell hole and the reason why its a hell hole is because the roads in parts of downtown columbus are really bad with holes and cracks in the roads columbus has got to fix the roads and repave the roads in parts of downtown columbus or it will even be a worse of a hell hole.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my new list of businessess and my better improvement city wishlist I would like to see come and happen to columbus georgia.

1.A super target store

2.A ingles grocery store

3.Another huge outdoor strip mall like columbus park crossing columbus needs one more big outdoor strip mall like columbus park crossing so people will have plenty of shopping to do and so people will have plenty of stores to go to and look and shop

4.A bigger mall the peachtree mall just is not big enough

5.bass pro shop

6.A bigger civic center

7.A bigger downtown with highrise hotels or highrise condos being 13 to 14 stories high

8.A water park located where the old swift plant mill is at the end of jr allen parkway behind the new walmart they could knock down and tair down that old closed swift mill and build a water park on that land

9.A zoo located in south columbus near fort benning

10.A bigger airport build a brand new one somewhere else on some bigger land

11.Better highway improvements done to jr allen parkway like widdening it in certain sections of jr allen parkway

12.A longer I185 interstate coming threw columbus extending it down to tallahasee florida

13.Better and newer bridges over highways and interstates in columbus

14.Better improvements done to the riverwalk on the georgia side in columbus like better landscape and more landscape like adding more shade trees down the riverwalk also like the riverwalk in phenix city has over there riverwalk path in my opionion I think phenix citys riverwalk is alot nicier than columbuses riverwalk so I think columbus needs to add more shade tress down the riverwalk over the riverwalk paths to give it more shade and more scenery like phenix city has on there riverwalk path they have them nice shade trees over there riverwalk path in phenix city

15.A new medical center hosipital or remodel the current medical center hospital because the medical center looks old and ragged out and outdated so it needs to be remodeled and needs a makeover and needs a major facelift done to the outside of the hostipal

16.Knock down or tair down the old mills that have got to go they make columbus look old and outdated

17.Get rid of the train tracks in downtown columbus because they make downtown columbus look awful and outdated relocate the train tracks to a rural area of columbus far away from downtown columbus

And thats the end of my list so if columbus does all them things I mentioned above or does all them things I said above then columbus will be caught up with the other 2nd tier cities its size in georgia like macon savvanah and augusta. But we will have to wait and see I can not wait to get a better mayor in the city also the mayor we got now is not really doing much for columbus in my opionion but the only nice thing he has done so far that was good for the city was the one percent sales tax now that was a good thing he done for columbus and that was a good idea because that should bring lots of money to columbus a year for roads and inafracture or how ever you spell that word so however I will give the mayor a 10 ranking score on the one percent sales tax thing because that was a good idea and a good thing for columbus but anyway hopefully our new next mayor will be a better mayor.

• 1 year later...

On Ben Carters website they are still mentioning that Bonefish will be built with the new development at Columbus Park Crossing. They also indicate that Fresh Market is coming also, no other tenants have been revealed yet, nor has a date for construction to begin. Hopefully it will be soon

Well, three years later, we finally have a bonefish coming to town...

CLE article here (as long as the link's good)

bonefish%20restaurant%20pic1.jpg

Archived