Dillard Creek Commons | Creekside Village

DT-Gville

Spartan,

I guess I should have elaborated.

When Talley and Bright were campaigning- one of their main issues was support for Spartanburg County education. How it is one of the best systems around ..... I understand it. The majority of Spartans attend Spartanburg county Schools. That is their main constituency, but I wonder if they realize the Spartanburg citizens with children that attend Grenville schools wonder what they can offer us?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Bass Pro Shops will start construction sometime between fall 2009-spring 2010 according to this article: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20.../902120312/1003 The project has been mostly delayed due to financing issues not lack of tenants.

I would say that "financial issues" is the thing that is stopping most projects right now. This project will not start for at least a couple of more years due to the financing issues. It's not just the tax issue, it is getting financing in place for a large project like this. It is not going to happen for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the impression that there was not yet a firm commitment from Bass Pro.

They haven't signed a lease yet but are very interested in the project. If they do sign on which it looks like they will, their store is scheduled to be the first thing built on site with a design similar to the one in Atlanta according to the site plan I currently have. Obviously, this is subject to change though due to site plan changes taking place at this time.

I'm not sure. The site is being reworked. I don't have the new site plan yet. The one I currently have which will be invalid soon does show a large parking lot in front of the proposed Bass Pro Shops, a good amount of green space throughout the town center part of the development, and two ponds: one behind the BPS parking lot and another next to a big box store. It shouldn't come as a suprise though to see a large parking lot in front of Bass Pro Shops seeing how all of their stores seem to have a large parking lot in front of it. I'm hearing they're adding more greenspace/mixed use space to the new plan. The developers have let an option expire on 15.8 acres fronting I-85, so that part of the site won't get developed.

I'm not sure. The site is being reworked. I don't have the new site plan yet. The one I currently have which will be invalid soon does show a large parking lot in front of the proposed Bass Pro Shops, a good amount of green space throughout the town center part of the development, and two ponds: one behind the BPS parking lot and another next to a big box store. It shouldn't come as a suprise though to see a large parking lot in front of Bass Pro Shops seeing how all of their stores seem to have a large parking lot in front of it. I'm hearing they're adding more greenspace/mixed use space to the new plan. The developers have let an option expire on 15.8 acres fronting I-85, so that part of the site won't get developed.

So this won't really be visible from I-85? I thought that Bass Pro Shops tended to choose high visibility areas for their stores...

So this won't really be visible from I-85? I thought that Bass Pro Shops tended to choose high visibility areas for their stores...

On the site plan I have, BPS would be located on the dirt hill that runs behind Blue Ridge Savings Bank running parallel with Highway 14 and perpendicular with I-85: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=33...sa=N&tab=wl However, BPS is looking at different parcels on this site and will probably go to one of those instead due to reasons I will not discuss on here.

• 11 months later...

RUMOR: Bass Pro Shops has opted out of the Greer site and will be going to the former Hoechst Celanese plant site at the Point instead. This is just a rumor though which is why I decided to post this news article here instead.

An economic incentive change designed to bring a Bass Pro Shops location to Greenville County near Interstate 85 has moved ahead in a Statehouse committee.

The bill passed the House Ways and Means Committee on Tuesday on a 15-4 vote. It would give a business that attracts a large number of visitors breaks on sales and accommodations taxes. It did not specify the business, but two sources confirmed that the intended recipient was Bass Pro.

Ways and Means Chairman Dan Cooper, R-Anderson, said the retail attraction involved would bring about 300 jobs, and a possible nearby hotel could spur another 200 jobs.

Source: http://www.gsabusiness.com/news/32959-s-c-incentive-targets-bass-pro-shops-for-new-greenville-location?rss=0

RUMOR: Bass Pro Shops has opted out of the Greer site and will be going to the former Hoechst Celanese plant site at the Point instead. This is just a rumor though which is why I decided to post this news article here instead.

Bass Pro Shops at the former Celanese site makes total sense, and would also explain why the building is slated to be torn down soon. Do we know how much space Bass Pro Shops would occupy there? The reason I ask is because BPS usually attracts a lot of smaller, complementary retail and I hope there would be room for that too. Based on McChesney's prior plans for The Point, it seems that there should be ample space.

Bass Pro Shops at the former Celanese site makes total sense, and would also explain why the building is slated to be torn down soon. Do we know how much space Bass Pro Shops would occupy there? The reason I ask is because BPS usually attracts a lot of smaller, complementary retail and I hope there would be room for that too. Based on McChesney's prior plans for The Point, it seems that there should be ample space.

Not totally sure but their stores range anywhere in size from 42,000 square feet up to 300,000 square feet. I imagine the Greenville store would be somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000 square feet but that's just a guess. The former plant on site is around 750,000 square feet I believe so there would be tons of room left over for additional ammenities on site. There is also the parking lot and other areas next to the plant that would add to the available space too.

It'd be nice if there could be a requirement for a parking garage/deck. That amount of asphalt... :sick:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived