joshleo

Wealthy Street Mega Thread

This cant be right!

They are just going to up and ditch GR ? They get a ton of business, and are getting all types of praise! Getting that here was really important for the street.

I'm actually really disgusted at the owners on this one. Just unbelievable.

Edited by GR_Urbanist

6 minutes ago, GR_Urbanist said:

This cant be right!

They are just going to up and ditch GR ? They get a ton of business, and are getting all types of praise! Getting that here was really important for the street.

They posted this three days ago on the same day that they updated their Facebook page with a new phone number and website. This is bizarre. 

1 hour ago, GRLaker said:

Whoa...It just opened. What happened?

Was sold for $875,000 in 03/2017. And now they're asking $1.5M...crazy!

1 hour ago, GR_Urbanist said:

This cant be right!

You should definitely be disgusted with the owner, if the allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation at his TC restaurant are true:

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2018/06/restaurant_owner_accused_of_se.html

21 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

You should definitely be disgusted with the owner, if the allegations of sexual harassment and retaliation at his TC restaurant are true:

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2018/06/restaurant_owner_accused_of_se.html

I say good riddance to the guy. It's a fine space, in a great location. Someone will step up to the plate (I loved their food, but the guy is a creep). 

Joe

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

I say good riddance to the guy.

Honestly, I haven't felt comfortable going there in light of the negative allegations surrounding the owner — no sympathy here regarding the closure.

• Like 1

I'm in agreement with everyone on this guy. Sadly before the news broke we had a lot of people telling us these rumors so when it came out we weren't surprised. 

NOW - a happy change so subject! 

Jean Stoffer - local designer who does high end work - is opening a home store on Wealthy! It's going to sell home decor, furniture, etc. and REALLY add to the budding infill in that stretch of Wealthy. I love Cherry where our store is but I truly love that stretch of Wealthy. It's going in where "From the Heart Yoga" was and they're going to really make the exterior sexy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GVSUChris said:

I'm in agreement with everyone on this guy. Sadly before the news broke we had a lot of people telling us these rumors so when it came out we weren't surprised. 

NOW - a happy change so subject! 

Jean Stoffer - local designer who does high end work - is opening a home store on Wealthy! It's going to sell home decor, furniture, etc. and REALLY add to the budding infill in that stretch of Wealthy. I love Cherry where our store is but I truly love that stretch of Wealthy. It's going in where "From the Heart Yoga" was and they're going to really make the exterior sexy. 

Nice! Thank you for the positive endcap to this thread on a Friday afternoon. :)

• Like 1