Whats your favorite building in GR

gvsusean

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be the Exhibitors Building. Originally it was a wholesale furniture showroom with multiple furniture manufacturers as tenants. Several buildings about the same age also started life as furniture showrooms such as the Waters Building. These buildings all had plenty of windowless interior space.

Here's as good a place as any for me to ask a question that's been bugging the heck out of me...WTF is that building west of I-96, right at the Cascade Rd exit? It has a spindly observatory-type end, with the faux "walls falling off the building like dominoes" wall on the other side. Seriously weird, I'm conflicted on how to feel about it.

Here it is (I think) in Google Maps.

Here's as good a place as any for me to ask a question that's been bugging the heck out of me...WTF is that building west of I-96, right at the Cascade Rd exit? It has a spindly observatory-type end, with the faux "walls falling off the building like dominoes" wall on the other side. Seriously weird, I'm conflicted on how to feel about it.

I'll second that one Justin!! It's definately one of the most unique buildings in GR.

My favorite underrated building.....(don't laugh).......The old frieght depot across the street from the Rapid. There is something about that building that I just love.

I'll second that one Nitro. I have always liked that building. It's a diamond in the rough.

My favorite underrated building.....(don't laugh).......The old frieght depot across the street from the Rapid. There is something about that building that I just love.

No, that wasn't their concept at all. Their concept for the building was that it is a learning center. It supposed to be a working laboratory that shows architectural design from all facets. The interior of the building has a lot of exposed details and assemblies.

I'm no fan of the exterior of the building, but I hear the inside is a lot more interesting. I personally haven't seen it.

I still have no idea how the steel palm trees fit into that concept................but what the hey. Everybody loves palm trees, right?

Archived