Greenville Greyhounds Football

Greenviller

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a former Greyhound player, I would say the team was in some sort of disarray. Its really hard to run if you dont have your own citys support, unlike the Drive where everyone thinks their so special. Its pretty hard when all the players are regular people with regular jobs, and families. You dont get paid, and since they joined a new league the games are no longer that local. If I recall last season they had a game in Nashville, but had to cancel due to people having to work their full time jobs. Another one of the main reasons is not having a place to play your home games. Since its a real league you cant just pick an open field and throw down some chalk and call it home. You have to have all the comforts of a real football stadium. I think this year they finally have a "home" at the old Travelers Rest high school, so hopefully they will be able to get it going right.

Archived