Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

franktown

Artists Building

5 posts in this topic

I have always hated that building. It's shape is a relic from the 70s. Don't see what harm a reclad can do... really can't imagine any good either. :(

As ugly as it is now, even with the stick-on bars and discs, a well-done recladding would really help this building. It needs help bad though. I can't believe people paid that much for a condo in it.

It is an odd looking building. Funny thing is, it's even odder looking now with the new paint and bedazzling. But I would imagine that the view from all those penthouse windows overlooking downtown, Music Row, Midtown, Vanderbilt, West End, the Gulch, Belmont and the southern hills, plus the general location, might just take a bit of the sting of its relic-ness away. My house is a relic of the 60s, but I'm perfectly happy living in it. This building takes me back to when I was a younger guy hanging out on Music Row and is therefore, to me, historic in a sense, a landmark of sorts. I'm glad the old girl is getting some new life. I'm guessing this would be a pretty cool place to live.

This is right form the article, so here ya go.

post-4789-1172763243_thumb.jpg

post-4789-1172763243_thumb.jpg