Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Theater developments

7 posts in this topic

I think I had posted about this in the "Developments" thread, but I heard sometime back that Rave was looking at the Greenville market for a theater. With this new development at 14 and 85 proposed, this is a possible match. Also, I've continued to hear of a new multi screen theater development for Simpsonville. Anybody have any additional info or know any specifics?

Consolidated has been looking for Simpsonville Locations

I want to see a high quality movie theatre located downtown. Perhaps one could be included in the phase III tower at RiverPlace? Eventually, I hope to see downtown grow to be able to support multiple movie theatres. One could be dedicated to Indie films, one for children's movies, one for general audiences, etc... They wouldn't necessariliy need to be extremely large in size.

According to the Upstate Film Society, a screen at Cherrydale Cinemas has finally been permanently dedicated to showing independent, foreign, and limited release films. This is a great step in a positive direction for indie lovers around the Upstate. :shades: Show your support by being in the seats regularly!

I think I had posted about this in the "Developments" thread, but I heard sometime back that Rave was looking at the Greenville market for a theater. With this new development at 14 and 85 proposed, this is a possible match. Also, I've continued to hear of a new multi screen theater development for Simpsonville. Anybody have any additional info or know any specifics?

The one being built is Simpsonville is not Rave as I had heard. It is however, a similar large, multi screen complex. Great Escape is the name.

I've heard the Highway 14 project has been seriously delayed, but not canceled yet.

According to the Upstate Film Society, a screen at Cherrydale Cinemas has finally been permanently dedicated to showing independent, foreign, and limited release films. This is a great step in a positive direction for indie lovers around the Upstate. :shades: Show your support by being in the seats regularly!