Theater developments

gs3

I think I had posted about this in the "Developments" thread, but I heard sometime back that Rave was looking at the Greenville market for a theater. With this new development at 14 and 85 proposed, this is a possible match. Also, I've continued to hear of a new multi screen theater development for Simpsonville. Anybody have any additional info or know any specifics?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see a high quality movie theatre located downtown. Perhaps one could be included in the phase III tower at RiverPlace? Eventually, I hope to see downtown grow to be able to support multiple movie theatres. One could be dedicated to Indie films, one for children's movies, one for general audiences, etc... They wouldn't necessariliy need to be extremely large in size.

• 2 years later...
I think I had posted about this in the "Developments" thread, but I heard sometime back that Rave was looking at the Greenville market for a theater. With this new development at 14 and 85 proposed, this is a possible match. Also, I've continued to hear of a new multi screen theater development for Simpsonville. Anybody have any additional info or know any specifics?

The one being built is Simpsonville is not Rave as I had heard. It is however, a similar large, multi screen complex. Great Escape is the name.

I've heard the Highway 14 project has been seriously delayed, but not canceled yet.

Archived