Dancehall Puts Hartford On The Map

doz180

A decent article about the reggae scene in Hartford. It would have been better if they talked about the history of West Indians in CT. They should have mentioned that the West Indian Social Club has been around for over fifty years and done many good things for the Hartford community. And last but not least they should have mentioned that Mr Vegas, an artist who has had some cross over hits on pop radio, will be playing the club this weekend so maybe some readers would venture over there to check out the show.

Hartford Advocate

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A decent article about the reggae scene in Hartford. It would have been better if they talked about the history of West Indians in CT. They should have mentioned that the West Indian Social Club has been around for over fifty years and done many good things for the Hartford community. And last but not least they should have mentioned that Mr Vegas, an artist who has had some cross over hits on pop radio, will be playing the club this weekend so maybe some readers would venture over there to check out the show.

Hartford Advocate

He's not saying that it wasn't. I think he just meant as an entertainment/music destination. That's an area where Hartford has struggled for a while, I think you'll concede. We do get large concerts, but this is live music in an intimate setting on a regular basis. Hartford could benefit from more of this across the board in all genres of music. Room 960 gets world class Techno/House DJs as well. All of this can be expanded upon and duplicated for a vastly more entertaining region. We all know that "Boring" is the general consensus from young people about Hartford and CT in general. I personally feel like it makes good economic sense to turn this image around and seize upon the various scenes that we do have going strongly. I feel the nightspots in Hartford, particularly Downtown should be able to stay open later if you really want a competitive advantage against the burbs or even MASS and RI. 2AM really doesn't seem to cut it for this generation. All I ever hear is complaints regardless of what race you are or what scene you are into.

Archived