Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DetroitMan

Hyatt headlines 23-story project in Troy

12 posts in this topic

I am not against this one and I hope it happens, but didn't a developer pull out of a condo development in Troy because of lack of interest from buyers. If this doesn't go through, then all these developers that are planning in the suburbs need to come here to Detroit and see how almost everything planned is a go! Name one condo/loft development in Dowtown that was cancelled because of lack of sales.

But the buildings that are finally being renovated now have been trying to get renovated for a long time, and there are still a ton of dead projects. Then there's the buildings that have so little interest that there aren't even dead plans.

But I agree, I think that the project would be successful downtown. The projects downtown that got to the point of selling units have all done well from what I understand. I think it would do well in Royal Oak too. It's been developing a bit of a skyline recently and 21 stories there would be nice.

They may be able to get this one done for the simple fact that they are anchoring the tower with a hotel. I think that if this even goes through, though, that they may have to reduce the residential component. The introduction of the hotel makes this a lot more viable than the Monarch proposal

I do agree, though, If they simply tried this in Royal Oak or Downtown/Midtown Detroit, I think they'd be surprised about how much more viable and flexible these type of projects would become.

They may be able to get this one done for the simple fact that they are anchoring the tower with a hotel. I think that if this even goes through, though, that they may have to reduce the residential component. The introduction of the hotel makes this a lot more viable than the Monarch proposal

I do agree, though, If they simply tried this in Royal Oak or Downtown/Midtown Detroit, I think they'd be surprised about how much more viable and flexible these type of projects would become.

No, for this project, just like the B-C, they are anchoring the project with a hotel to make it more viable. This is a common technique to make residential projects work in untested or weak residential markets.

I would like this project better if it were by the other taller buildings at Big Beaver in "downtown SE MI"

I'll do it! ;)

No, the future campus plan calls for a hotel and conference center at the corner of Woodward and Warren. (Kinda like the Kellogg Center at MSU). This would replace the big, ugly red Utrecht building across Warren from the Welcome Center, and across Woodward from the Cathedral Church of St. Paul.

I'll do it! ;)

No, the future campus plan calls for a hotel and conference center at the corner of Woodward and Warren. (Kinda like the Kellogg Center at MSU). This would replace the big, ugly red Utrecht building across Warren from the Welcome Center, and across Woodward from the Cathedral Church of St. Paul.