~ I traveled into the future

GRDadof3

Maybe for commercial use it's prohibitive to get trucks in and out, but seriously for residential I don't see how being on that cul-de-sac would be a problem. GVSU students would probably walk a lot. Easier to get a few street hockey games going too.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeVries will do what is best for property. DeVries is very conservative and generally will not go forward with a project unless they feel a civic duty (Aldrich) or are sure of its success (Landmark). Don't forget, DeVries owns the land along the river adjacent to Landmark (a big gravel parking lot). That area could easily be used to expand condos along the river and partially block view of the Boardwalk. (In fact, if you express interest in purchasing a condo at Landmark you might be able to see renderings for expansion.) DeVries has likely considered many options for the Front property, perhaps going so far as drawing up plans. Maybe the contract they have with the cell tower is preventing them from going forward at this juncture. Perhaps when that contract is fulfilled the process may speed up. Just some ideas.

Just curious...have you seen the contract? I have seen contracts that limit work on the area for 10 year periods (or severly encumber the work permitted) There are many issues with right aways and workability that massive construction would severely encumber the cell towers usage.

Archived