Parking Garage Photographs

NewTowner

Hello! Sorry to be a bother, but I work in an architecture's office in Virginia, and we are looking at busting out a project or two which include parking garages.

I know that there are some phat-tabulous parking garages in Charleston, garages that are designed to be pleasing to the eye as well as useful to the motorist...and I need photos! I want to convince my colleagues that a parking garage with aesthetic merit is not a cosmic impossibility...and that, in fact, every building typology can be beautiful when the gentle hand of art is applied...even warehouses...and even public fumigated warehouses for motorized vehicles.

Would anyone be willing to post some pictures of Charleston's parking garages of merit? Or perhaps email them to me?

I would be in your debt, and I'm more than willing to reciprocate with photos of Virginia should you want them...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While these aren't the most current pictures, hopefully they'll be of some use to you. The garage in the upper right hand corner and the garage in the middle bottom picture are probably the closest to what you're looking for out of these six.

post-12130-1172894709_thumb.jpg

post-12130-1172894709_thumb.jpg

The garage in the upper right is exactly what I am looking for! Do you mind if I show this picture to my boss?

So, does anyone have a photo of the King Street Garage on Marion Square referred to by Spartan? SimCity, is this garage among those pictured in the photo mosaic you posted? Krazeeboi, I hunted through the thread you called up, but no luck...thanks, anyway!

...indeed, a big thanks to everbody, for being so helpful thus far...

Archived