Roosevelt Park Lofts

ModSquad

Welcome to Lighthouse's newest project...Roosevelt Park Lofts.

Roosevelt%20lofts%20graphic%20small.jpg

This building is located at 1363 Grandville Ave. It is currently occupied by Advanced Fulfilment, sort of a light manufacturing company. It was originally built by the Heckman Biscuit Company which ultimately became Keebler Cookies.

We are still finalizing our plans. Bravo Architects is doing the design work. This project was pulled second in the most recent lottery for Low Income Housing Tax Credits. We still have a few pieces to put in place, but it is far enough along that we can talk about it. In its current design it includes 21 apartments. We will be doing everything we can to preserve the historic heritage of the building. Floor plans are being revised and the elevation rendering slightly revised. As soon as I get these done I will post the info here.

Someone care to snap a few "as is" photos? Don't have ours at ready access as I am posting this from the Urban Mill downtown.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice! Hope things go well as you pursue this! I've always liked that area...it already feels like a "Little Mexico" type place like larger cities have. Hopefully with this project and others it will continue to grow and maybe even become an attraction-type part of the city with great hispanic restaurants and shops, etc. There's a lot there already, but I see even more great potential. What's happening to Advanced Fulfillment?

• 1 month later...
Somewhat off-topic:

Is that all that is put into the staff report? Seems very, very basic and did staff give a recommendation, or did I miss it? My staff reports for such a project would be 3-5 pages long with much more detailed analysis and a specific recommendation. But maybe GR planners just don't have the time for such report writing. My muni. has about 100,000 fewer population.

Somewhat off-topic:

Is that all that is put into the staff report? Seems very, very basic and did staff give a recommendation, or did I miss it? My staff reports for such a project would be 3-5 pages long with much more detailed analysis and a specific recommendation. But maybe GR planners just don't have the time for such report writing. My muni. has about 100,000 fewer population.

The Lofts project looks good, and could certainly be good for the neighborhood. That aerial in the report makes the immediate area not look that great.

Good luck!!

My early childhood home is in the photograph (the light blue one with the hideously trimmed spruce tree, lower right corner). At the time there was a Texaco station next door on Grandville Avenue.

This neighborhood needs more projects like this.

We are a prominent northwest suburb of Chicago and have 3 full-time current planners and 1 design planner (in addition to a landscape planner, housing planner, business & development coordinator, deputy director and director). The current planners manage all Plan Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals projects and permit reviews and the design planner reviews all Design Commission applications and verifies building permit design compliance.

We're pretty busy too.

I don't know. The staff info just seems real barebones. I guess if you have a really good group on the Plan Commission, then maybe they don't need staff's in depth analysis very often.

It's interesting to see how other Planning Depts. function.

• 1 month later...

Archived