Roosevelt Park Lofts

ModSquad

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, they are for working class families. For a family of 4 they cannot have a household income over $33,480 for a 2 bedroom or $40,000 for a 4 bedroom.

For a couple to rent the 2 bedroom with no kids the limit is $29,700. Believe me, these apartments will be incredibly cool. We are blowing this one way out. I cannot wait.

• 6 months later...

Here are some photos from Roosevelt Park Lofts that I took yesterday.

I am not that good of a photographer so cut me some slack

z123358392.jpg

You will notice the 14 ft ceiling height and very very open floor space.

z123358382.jpg

Right now, it appears as though all of the posts and beams will be sandblasted and used in the interiors

z123358387.jpg

There is a large brick wall running through the middle of the building. This will be sand blased and used as interior and hallway walls for the apartments.

z123358389.jpg

Another shot of this wall

z123358390.jpg

Love this shot through a doorway that will be salvaged and re-done with the original brick arch.

z123358525.jpg

Every existing window opening will be preserved in thier original size and configuration. This is a view from the second floor

z123358394.jpg

We were not able to put in a roof-top garden because of cuts from the State to our tax credit award. But the view is awesome! This is G-ville South

z123358476.jpg

G-ville North. You can see all of downtown from the roof. The JW Marriot looks awesome from here.

+ A two-bedroom split amoung two people is $285 per person each month.

+ Located on Route 16, which leads to where I work.

+ Located near Route 8, which leads to where my sister works.

Hmmm.

Just a few questions though. Will there be any on-site parking? (my sister is not likely to get rid of her car)

The article mentions expected completion this summer. Any estimate of when in summer? Early, Mid, Late? What are the minimum income requirements for the apartments?

• 2 months later...

We just finished lead hazard clearance on Roosevelt Park Lofts. Here are some new photos updating the progress inside. You will see work happening VERY quickly on this project now that the Lead work is done.

roosevelt-clearance-pics-004.jpg

The sandblasting is done and you really get a feel of how these lofts are going to turn out. The grain of the 100 year old wood beams really comes out.

roosevelt-clearance-pics-006.jpg

These beams will be visible in every apartment. This is a shot from the 3rd floor. This floor will have drywall attached to the ceiling. The brick in the background has also been blasted and will be visible in every apartment.

roosevelt-clearance-pics-013-1.jpg

This is what the ceilings will look like in each of the first two floors. Note that there are a couple of places where the previous owner had installed large I-beams. These are all left and will be visible in these apartments.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All!! Newbie here. Came across this site by accident while apartment searching & looking up info on GR's neighborhoods. Been reading here over the past few days. I got so excited about all the new projects that I HAD to join.

I am especially interested in getting a loft in this project.

Will they be accepting section 8?

Have any new photos?

Thanks!!

Hello All!! Newbie here. Came across this site by accident while apartment searching & looking up info on GR's neighborhoods. Been reading here over the past few days. I got so excited about all the new projects that I HAD to join.

I am especially interested in getting a loft in this project.

Will they be accepting section 8?

Have any new photos?

Thanks!!

The answer is yes and yes...yes we will be accepting section 8 and yes I have new photos. Hope to have them up by early next week.

The answer is yes and yes...yes we will be accepting section 8 and yes I have new photos. Hope to have them up by early next week.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! *doin a lil dance* This is exactly what I am looking for!! I sure love the look of loft style apartments.

Do you know any of the details such as:

Will there be central air?

What, if any utilities are included in rent?

Washer/Dryer in unit?

Wood floors?

Cats/Dogs allowed? Fees?

Elevator?

Will the apartments be sound proofed? (drives me crazy to hear EVERY lil thing 24/7/365 thats going on around here, inside, outside, the playground, parking lot and in the hall - the walls are real thin. - otherwise a pretty decent place). I live in Greenville.

How is the neighborhood? Safe? Quiet? Kids running wild & unsupervised?

Thanks for the fast response.

Look forward to seeing those updated pics.

Thanks,

Kel

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!! *doin a lil dance* This is exactly what I am looking for!! I sure love the look of loft style apartments.

Do you know any of the details such as:

Will there be central air?

What, if any utilities are included in rent?

Washer/Dryer in unit?

Wood floors?

Cats/Dogs allowed? Fees?

Elevator?

Will the apartments be sound proofed? (drives me crazy to hear EVERY lil thing 24/7/365 thats going on around here, inside, outside, the playground, parking lot and in the hall - the walls are real thin. - otherwise a pretty decent place). I live in Greenville.

How is the neighborhood? Safe? Quiet? Kids running wild & unsupervised?

Thanks for the fast response.

Look forward to seeing those updated pics.

Thanks,

Kel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes its me...I have not gone away, although I should change my name from Lighthouse Dave to Candy Man Dave.

Anyways, just wanted all you UP'rs to know that the Roosevelt Park Lofts is having its grand opening tomorrow Friday the 24th from 12-1:30. It would be cool to see some photos posted here.

I will be there to watch the ribbon cut on something I started. I have to be honest it will be weird to be on the other side of the ribbon, but I am also very proud of this project.

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome to Lighthouse's newest project...Roosevelt Park Lofts.

Roosevelt%20lofts%20graphic%20small.jpg

This building is located at 1363 Grandville Ave. It is currently occupied by Advanced Fulfilment, sort of a light manufacturing company. It was originally built by the Heckman Biscuit Company which ultimately became Keebler Cookies.

We are still finalizing our plans. Bravo Architects is doing the design work. This project was pulled second in the most recent lottery for Low Income Housing Tax Credits. We still have a few pieces to put in place, but it is far enough along that we can talk about it. In its current design it includes 21 apartments. We will be doing everything we can to preserve the historic heritage of the building. Floor plans are being revised and the elevation rendering slightly revised. As soon as I get these done I will post the info here.

Someone care to snap a few "as is" photos? Don't have ours at ready access as I am posting this from the Urban Mill downtown.

You know what grinds my gears? Low income housing. A few years ago, my friend and I tried to move into a nice townhouse off east beltline. After checking our income, we actually didn't make enough to live in "low income housing" Ironinc huh? Combined, I think we were both under the $20,000-$30,000 window and it was sad we were both working full time.

A few years later I was making more, but I made too much to live in "low income housing" by about $600 When your trying to support a family and have to borrow money from your friends and family to buy diapers/formula/groceries i certainly dont feel rich.

Whats putting fuel on the fire for me, is all these cool loft buildings that are being classified as "low income housing" I would love to live in the american seating building but they are WAY out of my price range. It would be nice if there was cool places like this affordable to "working" people like myself.

Archived