Site Selection Magazine Ranks G.R. #2

mhoek74

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally we don't give much credence to these city rankings here (Forbes, Fortune, Men's Health, yada yada), as their methodology is always a bit dubious. But I moved this one to the Coffee House for now as long as it doesn't digress into city-vs-city.

It's always good for exposure though. :thumbsup:

That is a great article. It does say that the City of Chicago and the State of Illinois helped lure Electronic Arts to locate in Chicago. We need a more active government recruiting companys with tax breaks, and other incentives. We need to shift away from automotive and towards other industries. GR is slowly working towards it, but we need help to land a couple of BIG companies.

Back when GR was tier I (before the metro reduction/change) we did actually crack the top 10 three times. Not bad for what was by far the smallest tier I, but also at a time when Michigan took the Governors Cup for three or four years. That was a different Michigan, so making it today, even in tier II is still a great accomplishment. I was also surprised to see Detroit on the list in tier I.

Archived