The Shoppes at River Crossing

poohsfolks

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just went by the site today myself after dropping a friend off at Groome. I may stopp by next week and see if there is anyone in the trailer/office that can tell me about some possible tennants. I thought we have heard some updates by now.

• 1 month later...

From an anonymous source, was given scan of a map showing tenants for The Shoppes At River Crossing. It's dated February 2006. Enjoy...

Preliminary Tenants - MAP

Preliminary Tenants - LIST

Im really excited about Banana Republic and Bonefish Grill!!!!!! Not excited for the Macon Mall....I see too many duplicates. Maybe the Macon Mall owners have something up their sleeves, because they said that they werent at all worried about this development impacting them but its obvious that a lot of stores are gonna be moving out. Some have already left. And I cant forget to say THANKS SO MUCH poohsfolks!!!!!!!!

Im really excited about Banana Republic and Bonefish Grill!!!!!! Not excited for the Macon Mall....I see too many duplicates. Maybe the Macon Mall owners have something up their sleeves, because they said that they werent at all worried about this development impacting them but its obvious that a lot of stores are gonna be moving out. Some have already left. And I cant forget to say THANKS SO MUCH poohsfolks!!!!!!!!

I was surprised to get this info, and eager to pass it on. Glad you like it. I just hope the information is reliable. My wife will be happy with many of the stores.

One thing I should note... these are apparently the preliminary tenants for the main, multi-tenant buildings. Aside from Belk and Dillards, there's no info on the freestanding outparcel buildings. According to the site map on the developer's web site, there are three of these on the opposite side of Belk.

I'd be worried if I was the mall's owner, or if I operated a business on Eisenhower around the mall. You're looking at the loss of three anchors (Parisian closing, Belk and Dillard's moving), plus specialty stores withing the mall. Then add in the auto dealers moving from Eisenhower to Riverside Drive. Even the Olive Garden is coming north.

I was surprised to get this info, and eager to pass it on. Glad you like it. I just hope the information is reliable. My wife will be happy with many of the stores.

One thing I should note... these are apparently the preliminary tenants for the main, multi-tenant buildings. Aside from Belk and Dillards, there's no info on the freestanding outparcel buildings. According to the site map on the developer's web site, there are three of these on the opposite side of Belk.

I'd be worried if I was the mall's owner, or if I operated a business on Eisenhower around the mall. You're looking at the loss of three anchors (Parisian closing, Belk and Dillard's moving), plus specialty stores withing the mall. Then add in the auto dealers moving from Eisenhower to Riverside Drive. Even the Olive Garden is coming north.

Now all of these wont be relocations im sure. Some just may be additional locations. Now Belks, Dillards maybe relocating, but I could see Olive Garden keeping their current location aswell as the new N. Macon location. Parking is always overflowing into the adjacent shopping center.

Now all of these wont be relocations im sure. Some just may be additional locations. Now Belks, Dillards maybe relocating, but I could see Olive Garden keeping their current location aswell as the new N. Macon location. Parking is always overflowing into the adjacent shopping center.

I certainly hope you're right. As far as restaurants go, I do believe several of those we have around Arkwright/Riverside/Tom Hill could do well with an additional location. Either on Zebulon Rd at 475, or on Hartley Bridge Road.

I certainly hope you're right. As far as restaurants go, I do believe several of those we have around Arkwright/Riverside/Tom Hill could do well with an additional location. Either on Zebulon Rd at 475, or on Hartley Bridge Road.

I agree, Carrabas expanded the Arkright location a couple of yrs. back but they still have long waits. I hope to see a Jonny Carino's in Macon soon. They have great food. But i have a quota on trips to WR.

• 4 weeks later...

From an anonymous source, was given scan of a map showing tenants for The Shoppes At River Crossing. It's dated February 2006. Enjoy...

I hate my computer, the map and list starts out big then it goes tiny. Maybe there is someone we can call on the project that would tell us some of the stores going in. I live in Jackson, so this will be great! Finally upscale retail in Macon. I wish Macy's had decided to go in but according to an employee at Macy's they were origionally going in, but because of the expense of buying out May Co. stores Federated can't afford to build any new stores at this time. Also according to the Macy's associate, Dillard's is going in first, Then Belk a year later, becuase they can't afford to build any new stores either because of their buyout of Parisian. Wow Macon Mall is going to become a dead mall and probaby get listed on deadmalls.com

I hate my computer, the map and list starts out big then it goes tiny. Maybe there is someone we can call on the project that would tell us some of the stores going in. I live in Jackson, so this will be great! Finally upscale retail in Macon. I wish Macy's had decided to go in but according to an employee at Macy's they were origionally going in, but because of the expense of buying out May Co. stores Federated can't afford to build any new stores at this time. Also according to the Macy's associate, Dillard's is going in first, Then Belk a year later, becuase they can't afford to build any new stores either because of their buyout of Parisian. Wow Macon Mall is going to become a dead mall and probaby get listed on deadmalls.com

It doesnt look too goo right now, but maybe they can figure something out before its too late. I certainly hope so.

I hate my computer, the map and list starts out big then it goes tiny.

Have you tried clicking on the picture itself after it downloads? I use Firefox, and it automatically resizes pics to fit the screen size. Clicking on them brings them up to their full size.

Have you tried clicking on the picture itself after it downloads? I use Firefox, and it automatically resizes pics to fit the screen size. Clicking on them brings them up to their full size.

Hey, thanks for the tip, it worked, this is great. appreciate, kennethdisraili

I think this is really nice, Macon has needed this for soooooo long, but I think Macon Mall will end up on deadmalls.com Wow Macon Mall will be a ghost town. Loosing Dillard's, Belk, and Parisian. And then Macy's was going in but they are cash strapped from their parent company Federated Department Stores buying out all the May Co. stores....

I think this is really nice, Macon has needed this for soooooo long, but I think Macon Mall will end up on deadmalls.com Wow Macon Mall will be a ghost town. Loosing Dillard's, Belk, and Parisian. And then Macy's was going in but they are cash strapped from their parent company Federated Department Stores buying out all the May Co. stores....

Has it been officially announced whether Dillards and Belks are moving or opening new locations?

Has it been officially announced whether Dillards and Belks are moving or opening new locations?

From what the store associates are telling me this is how it goes. Dillard's in going in first and closing the Macon Mall store, then a year later Belk is going in , and they were delayed because they are cash strapped from buying out all the Parisian stores. Once they go in they also will close the Macon Mall store. Then eventually Macy's should go in. They designed it to accomadate a third store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Enjoying Open-Air Retail Space in Macon, Georgia

The Shoppes at River Crossing will be the first open-air, lifestyle center in the Macon area.

The Shoppes at River Crossing, a new lifestyle center coming soon to Macon, Georgia. At 750,000 square feet, it will be the town’s largest retail development in 30 years. Developing the project are Jim Wilson & Associates and General Growth Properties.

Recent Update on the project.

http://www.shoppingcenterbusiness.com/arti...7/story15.shtml

JWA and General Growth are also considering an option to purchase land adjacent to The Shoppes at River Crossing to build a 250,000-square-foot power center.

Wow It look like a great outcome for North Macon....

• 2 months later...

Oh wow dougtha1 that is very impressive. If COACH is going in they might have changed their plans and may include a mini luxury wing!!!!

I still don't understand why Belk is going to wait a year to open their department store after the Shoppes opens. Hmmmmm.....

And I do hope eventually when the Macy Co. gets out of debt from buying the May Co., they will be the third anchor at the Shoppes.

Now I know it's been posted that Macon Mall officials say they're not worried, but behind closed doors I bet they are sweating bullets!!! :w00t:

I hope Coach influences some other high end stores to follow suit.

i'm sure it will....because I think it time for this market to gain some good high end stores instead of having to drive to Atlanta.... I think Macon is ready..

I hope Coach influences some other high end stores to follow suit.

Any updates on what store Anchors are going in the Market place at Bass or any of the others...

Archived