The Shoppes at River Crossing

poohsfolks

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard rumors of a Super Target going in near the River Crossing shops behind Starbucks. Anyone else heard similar?

Yes i heard rumors of a super target but one time they said it may go in either south macon/bibb development hartley station or one of the north macon development but nothing was said of which north macon center. I also heard that a super wal-mart was trying to get permits to go in the hartley station project so i'm not sure as of yet which is true....

Are they finished with everything yet? I would love to make a Saturday trip down to Macon but I want to come when they are finished or at least when most of it is opened.

the first phase and majority of the center will have its grand opening on March 17 and the second phase which includes belks, banana republic, DSW and i think coach will be in Oct.

Yes i heard rumors of a super target but one time they said it may go in either south macon/bibb development hartley station or one of the north macon development but nothing was said of which north macon center. I also heard that a super wal-mart was trying to get permits to go in the hartley station project so i'm not sure as of yet which is true....

the first phase and majority of the center will have its grand opening on March 17 and the second phase which includes belks, banana republic, DSW and i think coach will be in Oct.

coach will open on march 19,which is the grand opening date of phase one.

other stores will open throughout the year.

old navy-coming soon.i wonder if they will close the macon mall store,

i doubt macon can suport three old navy stores.

The last i heard, the openning of the Eisenhower Old Navy had had no effect whatsoever on the Macon Mall Old Navy thats why it never closed...however 3 Old Navys is a little much. I hate to say it but im pretty sure one is closing and the Macon Mall location is most likely the one. Its too close to the one in Eisenhower Crossing anyway. When does Banana Republic open...its the same company as Old Navy.

The last i heard, the openning of the Eisenhower Old Navy had had no effect whatsoever on the Macon Mall Old Navy thats why it never closed...however 3 Old Navys is a little much. I hate to say it but im pretty sure one is closing and the Macon Mall location is most likely the one. Its too close to the one in Eisenhower Crossing anyway. When does Banana Republic open...its the same company as Old Navy.

according to some media reports banana republic and white house black market are both coming,but i can not find any confirmation on them.i know mens wharehouse and bulid a bear workshop are opening this summer.a spokesperson for the shops said stores would open throughout the year,with a second phase grand opening in oct with belk,ulta,dsw and other big box stores in what the mall manger called the power center section of the development.rue 21 is also opening a store in macon,not sure where.

I wouldn't doubt that Macon can support 3 old navystores, have you been in those stores lately they are consistently swamped with business they are kinda like wal-marts for clothing, lately there has been stong market for old navy clothing..... now if you say 3 Gap or banana R. stores now i would have to agree but for O.Navy I think it will work. Guys you have to once again remember people in Macon are not the only ones who shops in Macon you still have to look at surrounding area which also shops in Macon aswell... so are they wanting to put a store in the shoppes at river crossing now or where?

I wouldn't doubt that Macon can support 3 old navystores, have you been in those stores lately they are consistently swamped with business they are kinda like wal-marts for clothing, lately there has been stong market for old navy clothing..... now if you say 3 Gap or banana R. stores now i would have to agree but for O.Navy I think it will work. Guys you have to once again remember people in Macon are not the only ones who shops in Macon you still have to look at surrounding area which also shops in Macon aswell... so are they wanting to put a store in the shoppes at river crossing now or where?

old navy is listed on the river crossing website as coming soon.

according to some media reports banana republic and white house black market are both coming,but i can not find any confirmation on them.i know mens wharehouse and bulid a bear workshop are opening this summer.a spokesperson for the shops said stores would open throughout the year,with a second phase grand opening in oct with belk,ulta,dsw and other big box stores in what the mall manger called the power center section of the development.rue 21 is also opening a store in macon,not sure where.

Macon, GA - Summer 2008

It on the Build-A-Bear Workshop Website as above......

Macon, GA - Summer 2008

It on the Build-A-Bear Workshop Website as above......

Have any one heard any announcements for what going the Market place and the province at towe centre complexes..... the are moving dirt and leveling off the area......

Have any one heard any announcements for what going the Market place and the province at towe centre complexes..... the are moving dirt and leveling off the area......

the first phase of north macon town center is made up five three story bulidings of mostly small retail spaces less than 2000sf,with lager corner restaruant spaces over 4000sf,with about 188 loft apts above the retail.a four story homewood suites hotel and a central bank and a three story office buliding are all part of the first phase with a opening date of march 2009.

publix and a second hotel are part of phase two,along with some lager retail space and a four story office buliding

the first phase of north macon town center is made up five three story bulidings of mostly small retail spaces less than 2000sf,with lager corner restaruant spaces over 4000sf,with about 188 loft apts above the retail.a four story homewood suites hotel and a central bank and a three story office buliding are all part of the first phase with a opening date of march 2009.

publix and a second hotel are part of phase two,along with some lager retail space and a four story office buliding

thats great thanks for the infor....

Where exactly are you getting your information, george? The Kroger/Publix rumor has been floating out there for 5 years now. I live in Providence and the developers have told us that a grocery chain decided to go in across from Providence in the area beside the apartment complex. In fact, ZT3 Placemaker recently got approval for site plan design for a shopping center in that location - sounds like THAT's where the grocery is going. Our information is that Phase 2 of North Macon Town Centre is a ways away and will only proceed as the market for these developments dictates, but if and when it does proceed, it is slated to include 2-4 additional buildings similar to those in Phase 1. Phase 3 may include a big box power center in the area closest to I-75. There were originally plans to also have a day care center at the entrance to Providence on the opposite side of the drive from Central Bank, but those plans were nixed by upset homeowners . . . unfortunately.

I'm not trying to doubt your sources, but I am curious where your information is coming from. I hope you're 100% spot on, but please enlighten us, so that those of us who are directly affected by your information will know whether to take it with a grain of salt like we have for the past 5 years or actually start to get excited/upset (depending on your point of view) about the information. I also suspect your sources have timelines - please try to include those on your posts as well. Thanks!

Where exactly are you getting your information, george? The Kroger/Publix rumor has been floating out there for 5 years now. I live in Providence and the developers have told us that a grocery chain decided to go in across from Providence in the area beside the apartment complex. In fact, ZT3 Placemaker recently got approval for site plan design for a shopping center in that location - sounds like THAT's where the grocery is going. Our information is that Phase 2 of North Macon Town Centre is a ways away and will only proceed as the market for these developments dictates, but if and when it does proceed, it is slated to include 2-4 additional buildings similar to those in Phase 1. Phase 3 may include a big box power center in the area closest to I-75. There were originally plans to also have a day care center at the entrance to Providence on the opposite side of the drive from Central Bank, but those plans were nixed by upset homeowners . . . unfortunately.

I'm not trying to doubt your sources, but I am curious where your information is coming from. I hope you're 100% spot on, but please enlighten us, so that those of us who are directly affected by your information will know whether to take it with a grain of salt like we have for the past 5 years or actually start to get excited/upset (depending on your point of view) about the information. I also suspect your sources have timelines - please try to include those on your posts as well. Thanks!

my brother said the manger of publix said it was going in ,but he is new to the area and i think he just got confused.he said kroger backed out,so publix took there place. i think you are right about it going in across the street.i think it's called the shops at bass plantation.if you go to macondental.com and click future locations three is some info about north macon town center.sorry for the incorrect info i try to confirm before i post,this one i let slip.i thing everthing should be taken with a grain of salt.

• 2 weeks later...

chili's is listed on the river crossing website as coming soon

Are they moving or opening another location? I dont like going to ours...its old and out dated to an extent and it affects the service. I'd rather go to a newer one but i dont want to see the Northside drive location close either.

Are they moving or opening another location? I dont like going to ours...its old and out dated to an extent and it affects the service. I'd rather go to a newer one but i dont want to see the Northside drive location close either.

i think it is moving,but that is just a guess.with barnes and noble moving there is not has much traffic in the area and regal doesn't draw that well.

i think it is moving,but that is just a guess.with barnes and noble moving there is not has much traffic in the area and regal doesn't draw that well.

Well I hope not. If so, then I'm really worried about that corner. I see the Mansours building has been sold though. Anyone know whats going in there?

• 1 month later...

Archived