The Shoppes at River Crossing

poohsfolks

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Looks like Figo Pasta is not coming to River Crossing. It is no longer on Store and Restaurant list (as coming soon. Damn! That really sucks!

They couldn't get a construction loan,so they had to back out.The mall manager said they are about to sign a full service restaurant,but he couldn't release the name yet.

• 3 weeks later...

We need some more high end or upscale Restaurant like a Magganio's, PF Chang or something on that level......

I agree.We ate at Magganio's sat.night after the braves game it was great.The last I heard they are stilll trying to land a upscale restaurant like a PF Changs or Ruth Chris.

I agree.We ate at Magganio's sat.night after the braves game it was great.The last I heard they are stilll trying to land a upscale restaurant like a PF Changs or Ruth Chris.

that would be great if PF Changs or Ruth Chris or Both came.....On thing about Macon is that people here usually support good higher end restaurants.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Major A is 105,000 square feet? That's like the size of a Target or Wal-Mart or something, isn't it? Is Target still opening on Bass Road?

to small for a target(132,000sf)t or walmart(200,000sf).target is projected to open on bass road in spring in 2012.I'm thinking it might be a jcpenny's or home depot.

According to Wikipedia, Targets are anywhere from 95,000 to 135,000 square feet, but if the Target on Bass Road is still on, the point is moot there. Wikipedia lists normal-size Walmarts (non-Supercenters) as being 51,000 to 224,000. The company hasn't totally halted opening new non-Supercenter stores, as far as I know, and if Walmart was to open at all in this part of Macon, I could see why they might not want a Supercenter, being fairly close to Zebulon Road (though Zebulon is fairly close to Eisenhower...). I do think a normal Walmart would do good business there, but 105,000 square feet is still on the small side I guess. If it's a Home Depot, they'd have to change the site plan, considering there are small shops on either side of Major A, and Home Depot would need a free side for a garden shop.

• 5 months later...

well it could be a Kroger Fresh Fare which tend to be a lot larger than normal Krogers.the sf sizes are hardly ever accurate on the early site plans.Kroger does have a bid out for a store in the north macon area. also Walmart's next store in macon is planned for Hartley Station.

well it could be a Kroger Fresh Fare which tend to be a lot larger than normal Krogers.the sf sizes are hardly ever accurate on the early site plans.Kroger does have a bid out for a store in the north macon area. also Walmart's next store in macon is planned for Hartley Station.

That's true; the new Kroger under construction in Milledgeville is over 90,000 square feet, so I could see this space going to Kroger as well.

Archived