The Shoppes at River Crossing

poohsfolks

i'm sure it will....because I think it time for this market to gain some good high end stores instead of having to drive to Atlanta.... I think Macon is ready..

Any updates on what store Anchors are going in the Market place at Bass or any of the others...

Yeh i know you think its time. Many ppl in Macon share your same opinion but that doesnt always mean these companies believe Macon is ready for high-end retail. We just have to hope. That they see the market changing.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Atlanta's Buckhead District, but also own a home on Jackson Lake in Butts County, just north of Macon.

My brother had his wife live in Macon in an apartment complex across the street from The Shoppes at River Crossing.

I am very impressed with this new upscale lifestyle center as they have become ever so popular as opposed to enclosed shopping malls.

I saw a blueprint in this thread in color showing the layout of this massive complex.

My brother told me last night that they are working at lightning speed to finish the shoppes, and he told me he believes it will open maybe in May or June of this year. I look forward to getting to experience this new upscale shopping development and think it will be a major improvement for supporting trendy and upscale shopping options that Macon has desparetly needed for a long time.

I'll be one of the first persons to hit this place when it first opens.

Congradulations Maconites on getting something you have deserved for a long time!! :thumbsup:

I live in Atlanta's Buckhead District, but also own a home on Jackson Lake in Butts County, just north of Macon.

My brother had his wife live in Macon in an apartment complex across the street from The Shoppes at River Crossing.

I am very impressed with this new upscale lifestyle center as they have become ever so popular as opposed to enclosed shopping malls.

I saw a blueprint in this thread in color showing the layout of this massive complex.

My brother told me last night that they are working at lightning speed to finish the shoppes, and he told me he believes it will open maybe in May or June of this year. I look forward to getting to experience this new upscale shopping development and think it will be a major improvement for supporting trendy and upscale shopping options that Macon has desparetly needed for a long time.

I'll be one of the first persons to hit this place when it first opens.

Congradulations Maconites on getting something you have deserved for a long time!! :thumbsup:

Opens in Mid-March Ken. We'll see you here!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Coach to locate at Riverscrossing Mall.

sticky fingers-opening soon at river crossing mall

I know I'm nitpicking, but why do folks keep referring to this as a mall? I've heard radio commercials for the Kia dealer saying "across the street from the new mall." Last I checked, it's not a mall.

By the way, they now have a web site...

Shoppes At River Crossing

We're talking retail shopping here, and specifically the terminology appropriate to the industry. In the retail world, these developments are now called "power centers" or "lifestyle centers". If the folks who design them, build them, operate them and lease space in them do not call them malls... maybe they aren't malls. If you're going to call this a mall, why not call Eisenhower Crossing a mall? Or the new Town Center being built at Providence? Or the new Moon Family development on Hartley Bridge Road? We don't call them malls because they aren't malls. The development's web site (linked in my previous post) never uses the term mall.

In fact, traditional malls aren't being built much in the U.S. anymore. Everett Hatcher, who runs CMH Architects in Birmingham, which designs shopping developments, says "Enclosed malls simply aren't being built anymore, and the number of existing ones is dwindling... the lifestyle centers that are replacing them are characterized by upper-end retailers in pedestrian-friendly environments."

Stephen Zamias, whose family was an innovator in mall development and has been in the business for half a century, says "we really don

Opens in Mid-March Ken. We'll see you here!!! :thumbsup:

Sounds great dougtha1. :good:

I am only 30 minutes or so from the new lifestyle center (mall) when I come down to Jackson and I hope as it grows Macon will see restaurants like The Cheescake Factory, Maggiano's Little Italy, P.F. Chang's China Bisro, Stoney River Steaks and so forth.

And on another subject concerning the Shoppes, does anyone know why Belk is going to wait a year after the center opens to build their new store? :dunno:

Sounds great dougtha1. :good:

I am only 30 minutes or so from the new lifestyle center (mall) when I come down to Jackson and I hope as it grows Macon will see restaurants like The Cheescake Factory, Maggiano's Little Italy, P.F. Chang's China Bisro, Stoney River Steaks and so forth.

And on another subject concerning the Shoppes, does anyone know why Belk is going to wait a year after the center opens to build their new store? :dunno:

they have already started construction on belks.second phase of the shoppes to open in october.

grand opening is set for march 19.

george, are they really going to close the Dillard's at Macon Mall, it is still a really nice department store and opened in 1996 compared to the origional part of the mall that opened in 1975.

the last i heard no. this is to be a second macon location,just like the belk store .

they are two separt stores with there own staffs.the new one will stock

some higher end lines that the macon mall store does not.

unconfirmed rumors

someone who works for the chamber of commerce has sad ruth chris was going in here.

also,someone who works for dillards has sad chessecake factory was also going in.

the cheesecake factory rumor has been out for a while.... i'll believe the Ruth's Chris rumor before the Cheesecake Factory. Especially since it supposedly came out of the chamber.

Archived