Cleveland / Bradley growth update

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All plans are in the office for the Target development with floor plans for Target, Kohl's, Michael's, Circuit City, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Ross's Dress for Less. There is still one anchor building left without a plan which was suppose to be the Books-A-Million, but I now am hearing talk of that unit actually being an Old Navy.

• 2 weeks later...

After all the questions back and forth it seems that Books-A-Millon is moving down to the Cleveland Town Center after all. That means the Hickory Grove Shopping Center across from Bradley Square Mall will be minus that unit as well as the departure of Pier 1 Imports late last year. Southern Management and Development L.P. is now handling the leasing on the Hickory Grove.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Habanero,

Do you work in the planning commission or codes? You seem like you know a lot of the info going on in Cleveland. I should have been reading this thread more frequently, but I've been busy the past couple of months. Things are coming along nicely at Cleveland Towne Center. More anouncements to come shortly regarding some of the smaller tenants. We had a deal working with Old Navy a while back, but GAP put their expansion on hold after a few rough quarters. Many people from the planning commision readings requested Red Lobster or Olive Garden. We talked with them and they have decided to hold off on Cleveland for the time being. Any way of getting a petition of local residents going? I will take it to them.

Habanero,

Do you work in the planning commission or codes? You seem like you know a lot of the info going on in Cleveland. I should have been reading this thread more frequently, but I've been busy the past couple of months. Things are coming along nicely at Cleveland Towne Center. More anouncements to come shortly regarding some of the smaller tenants. We had a deal working with Old Navy a while back, but GAP put their expansion on hold after a few rough quarters. Many people from the planning commision readings requested Red Lobster or Olive Garden. We talked with them and they have decided to hold off on Cleveland for the time being. Any way of getting a petition of local residents going? I will take it to them.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

It has been a few months since I have given a report on Cleveland. Here are the latest updates.

The Cleveland Towne Center is now open with the exception of Ross Dress for Less. The new complex brings to Cleveland for the first time, Target, Kohls, Bed Bath and Beyond, Circuit City, and Michael's. The plaza also received a relocated and larger Books a Million. There are 3 building that flank the parking lot with a couple of new food options on their way including Shane's Rib Shack and Stevi B's Pizza buffet.

There is a small area of retail development just east I-75 exit 27 from the Cleveland Towne Center on Paul Huff Parkway that is suppose to include a soon to be built Longhorn Steakhouse. This will be a nice addition to the already restaurant heavy corridor which currently includes Outback, Chili's, Applebee's, O'Charleys, Steak n Shake, Ryans, DQ Grill and Chill, IHOP, Dennys, Wendys, Hardee's, Waffle House, and Panera Bread.

Cleveland found out today that the Whirlpool range factory in Oxford Mississippi will be closing and consolidating with the Cleveland location. The Cleveland Whirlpool factory located just southeast of the Cleveland's downtown core has been an important part of the local manufacturing community for about 100 years. The plants employment has dropped from a little over 2,000 down to about 1,300 with cut backs taking place recently. With Today

Thanks for the update! I figured the Whirlpool story might make the boards today, but to my pleasant surprise after a long day at work I got a full update on what all is going on over in Cleveland. Sounds like lots of good things going on with the hospital, Spring Creek, and Lee University, not to mention with the higher than expected employment at the GE facility and the improvements for downtown.

I figure/assume Cleveland Towne Center is doing well with the new retail outlets it has brought to the city? Interesting that you got a Circuit City, I don't hear many of those going up anymore, as it seems Best Buy is the expanding firm in that retail sector at the moment - either are good retailers though IMO.

The Circuit City was a bit of a surprise to me as well. I remember when the names were released my coworkers were all a little worried because Best Buy has been the aggressor these last few years and seems to have the silver spoon in their mouth. I will tell you this though, the Cleveland Circuit City is the latest and greatest in their format with a brand new layout and a brand new way of working with the customer. My once weary coworker is no longer driving to Best Buy in Chattanooga because of the positive experiences he keeps having at Cleveland

I think the VW announcement will have a profound effect on growth in Bradley County and in the Cleveland area. The growth could possibly be as great or even greater than what will be experienced in Hamilton County. Enterprise South is just a short drive from Bradley County.

I think the VW announcement will have a profound effect on growth in Bradley County and in the Cleveland area. The growth could possibly be as great or even greater than what will be experienced in Hamilton County. Enterprise South is just a short drive from Bradley County.

The toll connector from Soddy Daisy to Bradley County could get another look as well with the possible need for better access around the area. The benefit to the folks living in Middle Valley, Soddy Daisy and Sale Creek would be tremendous.

• 1 year later...

Tennessee Transportation Commissioner Gerald Nicely meet with Chattanooga/Hamilton County officials and stated that he was upbeat about Chattanooga's chance at getting the Soddydaisy-Harrison Toll brige. Hamilton Conty Mayor Ramsey stated that the project paying for itself was close, but VW was not included in the study and that should help close the gap.

Archived