Lovin' NOLA

Arkansas Student

I just wanted to say to all you NOLA forum-ers that I absolutely love New Orleans; it is my favorite city on Earth (that I have been to). My wife grew up in Gretna and we last visited in July of 2005, though we're hoping to get back this year. This may seem silly to some of you, but when I had the option to go anywhere in the US after my high school graduation I chose New Orleans, and I was not disappointed.

Now, I really love Arkansas and I don't plan on moving soon, but if I had to pick another place to live New Orleans would be at the top of the list. Maybe someday I'll have the $$$ to get a house down there, something nice to restore.

So, even though we Hillbillies and you Creoles/Cajuns don't always get along, I just wanted to say thank you for being you, New Orleans. You're the best. Come up and see us here in the hills sometime! And I'll be sure to get down there for some good eats real soon. :thumbsup:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind words about our fair city, Arkansas Student! Glad to hear you really enjoyed your time down here!

I've got family outside of Texarkana in SW Arkansas, and I've got quite a bit of land there, so I'm very familiar with that state and get up there as often as possible. However, I've never been north than Little Rock, so NWA is definately someplace I want to see sometime soon.

Come down soon, all of the fun, food, music, and people are calling! ;)

Arkansas is a pretty state. I understand why they call it the Natural State. I have been to Eureka Springs/Harrison. Great scenery, Eureka Springs was a nice village like atmosphere almost like Switzerland. Hot Springs was a nice get-away too. I liked Little Rock too, esp. with the nice bike trails. I have friends that live in the sticks between LR and Sheridan. The Buffalo River was some of the clearest water I had ever seen; we tend to have muddy bottom bayous instead of the clear rocky creeks.

I am glad you liked New Orleans so much. Definetly a place for someone to visit at least once in a lifetime.

Matt Jones from Fort Smith was one of the best athletes to play in the SEC. Running 4.37 in the 40 at 6'-6" is freakish!

^^^

You think Matt Jones is freakish, you should see Darren McFadden of Little Rock run. 1600 or 1800+ yards this season, and a front runner for the Heisman next year (plus he's a real nice guy). The LSU-Arkansas game this year was nuts!

Thanks man. I go up to Arkansas to fish the White River about every 3 years or so at Gaston's Resort. Love it up there.

^^Yeah I agree. Arkansas and Louisiana seem to have more of a special relationship esp. since they play on National TV at season's end day after Thanksgiving on Friday's. Our two states form a fonky shaped boot. The "Boot Trophy" is very very detailed with all the waterways too. The longest bayou in the U.S. Bayou Bartholomew is shared by only Ark/La.

I dig Little Rock's Skyline. Baton Rouge was getting "table scraps" for a skyline while nearby New Orleans was having a feast! Baton Rouge is defined by the landmark Tallest State Capitol; but BR needs to be more than just the capitol. One 400ft' high-rise tower is on the way. But I was hoping for another one!

Baton Rouge is the crossroads of culture in Louisiana.The City is not as Cajun as one might think; actually Very Cajun sourroundings South and West(New Iberia, Breaux Bridge, St.Martinville, Lafayette, Jennings, Mamou, Ville Platte,etc.); and more Southerner to the North and East.

I am glad you liked the Capitol gardens. :thumbsup:

Is Mountain View near where they have all those boats??

The LSU-Arkansas game this past season was one for the ages!!! Talk about NFL talent all over the field!!! I am very aware of Darren McFadden. I noticed him his Freshman year vs. Georgia. That was a Sweet 80 yard TD vs. LSU too! I am just glad LSU answered back on the next kick return with tiny Trindon Holliday was ran a freakish "4.27" and was SEC Indoor 60m champion. What a WILD 4th quarter!

I actually have a picture in the kitchen of my friend in Arkansas with Darren McFadden. He seems like a quality/humble guy :thumbsup: How is Arkansas O-Line looking for next season??

Archived