Hartford is in the dark....

MadVlad

So, heading back to my work garage today, I took a nice drive down Main St and Wethersfield Ave. About 6PMish, getting dark out.... getting VERY dark out. Looking around, I noticed that half the street lights don't work. Maybe more than half. I get to the Maple/Weth Ave split and..... lights are out there too. No wonder all these cars downtown are getting broken into, it's nice and dark and no one can see you....

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, heading back to my work garage today, I took a nice drive down Main St and Wethersfield Ave. About 6PMish, getting dark out.... getting VERY dark out. Looking around, I noticed that half the street lights don't work. Maybe more than half. I get to the Maple/Weth Ave split and..... lights are out there too. No wonder all these cars downtown are getting broken into, it's nice and dark and no one can see you....

I noticed the same thing on South Whitney Street last night--I think they do go on eventually, but they should be on earlier in the twilight hours. My guess is that they have sensors to turn on when it gets dark b/c otherwise, the timing would have to be adjusted to match the season--but those sensors surely are adjustable go to on sooner.

I noticed the same thing on South Whitney Street last night--I think they do go on eventually, but they should be on earlier in the twilight hours. My guess is that they have sensors to turn on when it gets dark b/c otherwise, the timing would have to be adjusted to match the season--but those sensors surely are adjustable go to on sooner.

Archived