Jackson Street Entertainment Disctrict

HX_Guy

I know what you mean. money is a major issue for any project, especially a mixed use one in downtown like this. But I now at least the owner has major cash as a former dbacks and suns part owner. but Im not sure if he has enough to finance it himself of course.

to the comment about change in this valley. The boom of people the last few decades is why downtown is the way it is. Cheap land, affordability drove the growth and economy. SFH was the best option to make money here, not really to invest in downtown, which is the CBD, like most older cities. I live in denver as I said, and this is how Denver was two decades ago. With time, projects and private investment and public investment and planning, the downtown is changing. Phx is behind the trend of course, and the economic downturn IMO has really hurt the potential of our downtowns. I personally feel that the skyline will not be that impressive decades down the road. I think we will have more buildings, but due to sprawl, I think we will see more urban villages/central hubs. The major one IMO will be downtown Phx. I think you will see ones like Mesa gateway pop up, tempe, and north scottsdale continue to grow, north phx and the west valley in addition to that. I think these will be your major ones and then mid size and smaller ones as this valley progresses and changes to be more of a sustainable, different type of urbansim than your traditional urban centers. We are so spread out that I believe that this is what is going to happen. It will take some time, if we have that time. But many are thinking of this as growth is predicted to continue. Same with issues with water and the environment and the local economy. We have a huge hurdle and many challenges ahead. But if we do it right, get ahead of the curve and make sure we plan for the future, and AZ can be a place that is a great place to live and adapts to current and future challenges.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see, If Downtown could havce more than just financial offices down there, say maybe a couple big companies move in, that could really go along at getting things where they want them to be. AZ needs more headquartered companies in general.

Archived