Hey, there's a tournament going on...

MadVlad

So, driving through downtown last night, I noticed a ton of people. I said to myself "nice, this is what downtown should look like all the time". Little did I know at the time, there's the Big East Women's Basketball Tournament going on. Now, admittedly, I've been busy, lot's of OT at work lately, a 5 month old child at home, a midterm coming up this week, plenty to occupy the majority of my time. I also already know that the Big East Tourney is in Hartford every year, but I had no idea it was this weekend. Wouldn't it be nice to see some advertisement, or did I miss it?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw some reasonably good coverage of the tournament in the Courant last week, but they didn't undertake a ton of local media advertising, it appears. Downtown was pretty hopping last night, I dined at Agave and there was a long wait even when I was finished with my meal at 9:30. All of the other restaurants appeared to be full as well.

I havent been home lately so im not fully aware of the coverage but I know in newspapers, online and on TV when the event was being covered it was announced that it was all happening at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford, Ct

There was also additional college basketball tournaments for differant divisions at the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport this past weekend.

These are big events because college basketball is very hot and there are only a handful of cities that get to to host these final rounds and for Hartford to be one of them...for several years is great

Archived