Mission San Miguel

Florida

marchupdate118.jpg

Mission San Miguel

A Cooperative Neighborhood

The partners envision a neighborhood that is very active and inter-active, safe, secure, child friendly, multi-generational, to

some degree oriented to home schooling, with a strong faith component. Affordability of lots and finished homes within the

neighborhood allowing maximum pricing possibilities is an essential component of the developer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mission making Progress in East Tallahassee

Here are some photos of the project site taken today. One of the most interesting characteristics about this community is its signage.

marchupdate117.jpg

marchupdate121.jpg

marchupdate120.jpg

marchupdate122.jpg

First home being built on a larger lot in the community. The minimum home size on a 3 acre lot is 4000 sq.ft. so this home must be that or larger. It is also an Aurthur Ruthenburg home. I hope I spelled his name correctly. A three acre site in this community costs $300,000.

I'll continue to update as often as I can.

Kind of freaky sounding to me, but oh well different strokes for different folks. They would not even allow me to visit to the neighborhood much less live there. <_<

I'm sure this concept will be embraced by those here in Tally pretty warmly, however change the concept from a religious neighborhood to a nudist colony subdivision, all gay subdivision, pagan neighborhood or even an all Black, Hispanic or Asian community and folks in these parts would "bust a gut" screaming about it.

they probably would go crazy! but you know what is funny? We already developed a stereotype for this community, like it's the Village or something. (You mustn't wear red!) We Tallahasseeans should be happy we are getting another hood, and hopefully this will break ground for other cooperative neighborhoods

I wonder if this will be a Cooperative Neighborhood in it's true form. With the way the lots are priced, one would guess it isn't. Typically everyone would purchase a share of land from the coop, and pay their portion of the expense for the amount of time they live there. If they choose to sell, the members of the Coop must approve of the new buyer, releasing the current holder. This seems like fee simple real estate, typical of your average neighborhood. I wonder why they're calling it a cooperative. Only the common areas are shared.

• 2 months later...

Let me dredge this discussion up from a few months ago. Mission San Miguel will not be a cooperative in the legal sense and, I believe, has quit using the term.

Several folks I know, including one of my daughters and her husband, have bought lots in San Miguel. They are all Catholics and, while you don't have to be Catholic to live in the neighborhood, I think it would be an uncomfortable situation for a non-Catholic.

Let me dredge this discussion up from a few months ago. Mission San Miguel will not be a cooperative in the legal sense and, I believe, has quit using the term.

Several folks I know, including one of my daughters and her husband, have bought lots in San Miguel. They are all Catholics and, while you don't have to be Catholic to live in the neighborhood, I think it would be an uncomfortable situation for a non-Catholic.

• 4 weeks later...

Mission San Miguel

EastSideUPdate010.jpg

Neighborhood street, looking outward

EastSideUPdate009.jpg

New Neighborhood Fountains

EastSideUPdate008.jpg

The streets intersect at small round abouts.

EastSideUPdate007.jpg

Small house under construction in the back of the neighborhood. From the FOR SALE signs posted throughout the neighborhood, very few lots remain. Most have SOLD signs on them.

EastSideUPdate003.jpg

Fancy, larger home still under construction.

I don't really believe this neighborhood is being designed to be diverse and if that's what people want that buy there, that's fine by me.

Of course christians and catholics can be diverse, but often times in this region most folks just ASSume you are Protestant.

Yeah I like living in a diverse community: all races, religions and non-religious, different income levels, different ages, sexual orientations etc. Living around people who act, think and look just like me would get mighty boring to me....and of course I know not all think this way.

• 7 months later...

Archived