Carbon Neutral Buildings

wolverine

Buildings are responsible for almost 50 percent of energy consumption. Is the building industry doing enough to create environmentally friendly structures? A few weeks ago my college of architecture and urban planning cancelled classes to watch a webcast on how the building sector can improve by the construction (and renovation) of buildings as carbon neutral.

Are there any buildings in your city that are close to being carbon neutral? They can be brand new or renovated/restored historic structures that have reduced fossil fuel needs.

I've worked at two architecture firms so far where most of their projects have been LEED certified with a few of them silver and gold. Neither firm considered this a premium in design rather a standard in every project that will follow in the future. I'm very happy to see this since it will be making the most impact.

Here's the website where you can view more on Carbon Neutral building.

http://www.architecture2030.org/

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived