Gas Watch

I have started to notice the Gas Prices slowly rising again after taking the dip a few months ago. So to help combat this, I thought it would be good to start a Gas Price watch thread. When you see a good price on gas somewhere, remember it, and post it here. I'll start it off...

Blue Jay and Red Robin on Woodruff:

Reg: $2.29

Plus: $2.37

Prem: $2.44

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I paid $2.33 a gallon over by Logan Airport the other night, elsewhere up here, its anywhere from $2.35 to $2.65. I drive a 4x4 truck, and because of the ethanol mandate imposed on us by the Commonwealth, I get maybe 10 miles to the gallon, whereas in SC, without the ethanol, I'd get 15-17 city driving. Ethanol sucks for gas mileage thats for sure.

...and have everybody else on the road point and laugh and call me a geek? Nah, I'll deal with $3 or $4 a gallon gas in my gas guzzler and drive it knowing I won't die in a 10 mph head on collision with a moped like I would in a tiny Prius. :w00t:

...and have everybody else on the road point and laugh and call me a geek? Nah, I'll deal with $3 or $4 a gallon gas in my gas guzzler and drive it knowing I won't die in a 10 mph head on collision with a moped like I would in a tiny Prius. :w00t:

That's what I have. I wanted a hybrid, but I also wanted something that looks like an actual car...not a golf cart like the Prius. I love my Civic Hybrid...especially when I'm at the pump. I've had it for almost one year and I'm averaging about 46mpg. Plus it looks and drives like a normal car!

Nice... you should thank those of us who do give a damn about the environment. They are actually a very safe car, unless you happen to run into a truck that for some reason needs to be 10 ft off the ground... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Hey, Al Gore...it was a joke. I was just digging at G-man a little. I like his posts. I've got no problem with what anyone drives, be it a Mini Cooper or an Excursion. It's a free country. I get about 20 mpg from my CLS 550 and that's good enough for me. Sorry to burst your bubble, no redneck truck in my garage. Mercedes all the way baby. :D Now go hug a tree and buy a TerraPass to try in vain to make yourself "carbon neutral".

I agree,

Until something dramatic happens, most people are not going to change. Even when they spiked after Katrina, it didn't influence anything all that much. Sure, fuel efficient cars became popular for a few months, but we're right back to were we started. The gas companies have realized people are willing to pay the $2+/gallon, so thats where they keep them hovering.

I agree,

Until something dramatic happens, most people are not going to change. Even when they spiked after Katrina, it didn't influence anything all that much. Sure, fuel efficient cars became popular for a few months, but we're right back to were we started. The gas companies have realized people are willing to pay the $2+/gallon, so thats where they keep them hovering.

Archived