Gas Watch

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well for right now my office is about 10 feet from my bedroom but that may be changing in the next few days as we are opening a location in another part of town. Most jobs I have had I have had to travel anywhere from 5 to 40 miles away. Thankfully the 40 mile ones were short term temp assignments but even being self-employed I joke about my "office" being 10 feet away but on the average I travel between 10 and 30 miles a day visiting clients, going to networking meetings, working remotely when my wife is teaching piano and voice lessons in the house because the noise is distracting.

I don't like that I have to travel in my car as much as I do. I'd prefer communities to have more libraries, coffee shops, small grocery stores and sidewalks and nature trails but they don't. I don't mind visiting the city but I like living in a quiter environment where I can take nice quite walks in the evening, have a yard where I can grow a garden and keep a dog.

True, but eventually if people demand more fuel efficient cars, then eventually the automakers are going to have to deliver.

I honestly don't understand why so many americans think that it takes 4000 + lbs of steel to get you too and from work.

Honestly after having to borrow my Dad's car for a few days due to having my SUV in the shop, I'll keep my SUV....the car was to low to the ground and a lot of times due to most people having trucks, SUV's and Van's I couldn't see around other vehicals well....I didn't feel as safe.....I would love it though if they would work on a more fuel efficient SUV, next time I get a new truck I want to get a hybrid of some sort.....

When I was in Italy, these things were all over Rome. Of course with the horrendous traffic and tiny streets, they need them. They actually look to have quite a bit of room in them for such a small car.

A couple of months ago, I saw one outside the Lofts of Greenville. Sort of surprised to see it already.

When I was in Italy, these things were all over Rome. Of course with the horrendous traffic and tiny streets, they need them. They actually look to have quite a bit of room in them for such a small car.

A couple of months ago, I saw one outside the Lofts of Greenville. Sort of surprised to see it already.

I would love to see more Smart cars here in the States, but it will take much higher gas prices than we have now. In Europe they are popular because gas prices better reflect the true cost of driving.

Here are a couple shots of a nice little smart car that I saw in Milan.

post-1236-1174571617_thumb.jpg

post-1236-1174571634_thumb.jpg

post-1236-1174571617_thumb.jpg

post-1236-1174571634_thumb.jpg

Archived