Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HSVTiger

Apple to Huntsville

30 posts in this topic

This is great news. Most cities of Huntsville's size can't get an Apple Store- almost all of the cities that have Apple Stores are close to or over 1M in population. There are a few exceptions, like Des Moines (and Mobile in the future).

a little more official

"Apple may have given up on locating a store in Spanish Fork (Alabama), but they will open a store at the Bridge Street Town Centre in Huntsville this fall, reports ifo AppleStore, a web site with

I thought the Summit in Birmingham was going to get the first Apple Store in Alabama. Maybe that fell through (again).

Yeah... the one in Birmingham is still happening from everything I've heard. In fact, I think they're accepting applications for the management right now.

I'll be glad to finally have an Apple store to go to in Alabama. Smaller states like Oklahoma already have them. Which one will open first, Huntsville or Birmingham?

I'll be glad to finally have an Apple store to go to in Alabama. Smaller states like Oklahoma already have them. Which one will open first, Huntsville or Birmingham?

According to ifoAppleStore, the Summit store will open on April 14, and the Bridge Street store won't open until August or September.

I'm a little confused here.. I see a sign on University that an Apple Store is opening there? Whats the difference between this store and the one thats supposed to be opening in BridgeStreet.

almost year later the permit has been issued. Apple always moves at a slow deliberate pace..

maybe the grand opening will be early spring.

"A building permit was issued this month to Shawmut Woodworking & Supply for Apple Inc. at 320 The Bridge Street, Suite 266. Apple's Web site, under the job opportunities section, lists Bridge Street in Huntsville among five new stores."

Any word on construction progress or when it might open?

Any word on construction progress or when it might open?

Construction is underway, hidden behind the ugly plywood facade. Apple has a reputation of not

announcing opening dates until a week to 10 days before the event. The permit was for 1.9 million!

I expect a late May or early June opening.

No one has said, but a Restoration Hardware or another nice restaurant wouldn't hurt.

Of course they could still open but their current situation wouldn't indicate that.

Sharper Image filed for bankruptcy protection, reports BusinessWeek. It plans to quickly close 90 of its 184 stores.

^Juicy Couture didn't back out, and it's still on the website. It's opening March 27th. Linens n' Things and Circuit City moving to Bridge Street would be a disappointment and a blow to the project. It's one of those things that I hope I'm wrong about.

And it's sad to see Sharper Image pull out of the project. I love to browse their stores. Never bought anything, though; guess a lot of people were like that.

^Juicy Couture didn't back out, and it's still on the website. It's opening March 27th. Linens n' Things and Circuit City moving to Bridge Street would be a disappointment and a blow to the project. It's one of those things that I hope I'm wrong about.

And it's sad to see Sharper Image pull out of the project. I love to browse their stores. Never bought anything, though; guess a lot of people were like that.

Any update on when the Apple Store at Bridge Street will open?

In the projected location there is construction going on, so hopefully soon...

Anyone got some more accurate information or dates?

Any update on when the Apple Store at Bridge Street will open?

In the projected location there is construction going on, so hopefully soon...

Anyone got some more accurate information or dates?

Apple is very secretive about exact opening dates of its stores. We probably won't hear anything about it until maybe a week before the opening. But Tiger's right- it will probably be in late May or early June.

Apple is very secretive about exact opening dates of its stores. We probably won't hear anything about it until maybe a week before the opening. But Tiger's right- it will probably be in late May or early June.

Where is the apple store construction going on? I've been to bridgestreet many times haven't noticed it.

Thanks for the info.

I figured no one had or could release exact information, but thought I would ask.