Ann Coulter is at it again

kayman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is a sad woman. When given the choice to put up with Ann Coulter or Michael Moore, I'd take Moore any day.

She may impress hardline reactionary conservatives with her shocker diatribe, but in the end, she's just a whiny, cowardly soulless witch.

I saw this on Early Today this morning while at the gym, but I of course couldn't hear it, so it looked as though they were reporting on John Edwards and Ann Coulter hooking up or something. Then I heard what it was really about.

I wouldn't even be offended by this, cause Ann Coulter is the biggest joke in the media anyway. Nothing that comes out of her mouth is worth even attempting to listen to.

I saw this on Early Today this morning while at the gym, but I of course couldn't hear it, so it looked as though they were reporting on John Edwards and Ann Coulter hooking up or something. Then I heard what it was really about.

I wouldn't even be offended by this, cause Ann Coulter is the biggest joke in the media anyway. Nothing that comes out of her mouth is worth even attempting to listen to.

If she was running for office, I'd be worried, but I think its a firestorm over a tasteless joke made by an editorial writer.

She really isn't doing her cause much good though. The people who sponsored the function she spoke at didn't seem to pleased with her.

I would hope morons like Coulter turn away moderate voters. They make big hits with the nimwits that think Limbaugh actually says something, but anyone with a functioning brain would steer away from anyone in public that would purposely insult like this. I hope she keeps running her mouth, she shows the true colors of those she supports.

Exactly. Coulter would be silly and irrelevent if she didn't exemplify the mindset of the American right. Few will state it as directly as Coulter, but her views are considered mainstream by much of this country. That is a very real problem.

Oh good grief, that is ridiculous. That's like saying that the absurd comments made by Al Franken or Ward Churchill are "mainstream" on the left. They're not. Most conservatives think comments like that are asanine, just like everyone else. Coulter is nothing more than a typical "pundit" who says stupid things because it gets her in the news and on a bunch of television shows, just like the WTC "harpies" bit from her book.

I'd love to think so, but I live in the South and work in the construction 'industry' and her comments hardly raised any eyebrows amongst my counterparts. Homophobia and a fear of what the liberal left will do to your children run rampant under the surface.

If Ann Coulter is so far from the mainstream attitude of the American right-wing, why does she get invited to speak at such high-profile events on a regular basis? Where are condemnations of her statements from the conservative leadership? Why do her books sell so well? Why is she a regular commentator on a major news network?

None of the liberals being mentioned receive anywhere near the support Coulter does, especially from those in positions of power. That said, I do agree that Franken, Moore, and their type reflect left-wing sentiment in exactly the way Coulter does right-wing sentiment.

Further, few of them have made such baseless, slanderous attacks on their adversaries as Coulter has. Liberal commentators are certainly confrontational at times, but they tend to attack specific policies of the right, rather than simply flinging insults with nothing to back them up.

Let's have a look at some of Coulter's more inflammatory statements over the years:

"I think, on the basis of the recent Supreme Court ruling that we can't execute the retarded, American journalists commit mass murder without facing the ultimate penalty. I think they are retarded."

"They're such parochial idiots here in New York."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

"Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now."

".....it's far preferable to fight [terrorists] in the streets of Baghdad than in the streets of New York (where the residents would immediately surrender)."

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail."

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."

To a disabled Vietnam veteran:

"People like you caused us to lose the war."

"The problem with women voting -- and your Communists will back me up on this -- is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care."

"If it wasn't for Linda Tripp, Monica Lewinsky would have ended up just like Chandra Levy."

"A cruise missile is more important than Head Start."

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns."

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."

"President Clinton had crack pipes on the White House Christmas tree."

"The swing voters - I like to refer to them as the idiot voters because they don't have set philosophical principles. You're either a liberal or you're a conservative if you have an IQ above a toaster."

"[Clinton] masturbates in the sinks."

"We should have military tribunals for liberal lawyers."

"If they have the one innocent person who has ever to be put to death this century out of over 7,000, you probably will get a good movie deal out of it."

That may be true and that is unfortunate, but last time I checked, construction workers in the South do not represent all conservatives.

This is what I hate about people like Coulter. She makes these stupid comments and people say "See? See? That's how ALL conservatives are!" Its a load, and it goes both ways. Just like in '04 with that stupid Michael Moore movie; I'm convinced that it actually helped Bush win, if anything.

These folks always remind me of the bullys in school. Pick and poke because you never really have anything of substance to say. Unfortunately there are many out there who respond to this with glee because at heart they are exactly the same. Kinda like how "conservatives" always like to berate the educated "elites" as if that was something bad. The conservative hate rag here in Charlotte actually dumbs-down their writing (I am positive it is done on purpose) to appeal their readership. Same with a state "think tank" The John Locke Foundation. Statement from their website:

"To some people, the term

Kinda like how "conservatives" always like to berate the educated "elites" as if that was something bad. The conservative hate rag here in Charlotte actually dumbs-down their writing (I am positive it is done on purpose) to appeal their readership. Same with a state "think tank" The John Locke Foundation. Statement from their website:

"To some people, the term

I recently saw Ann's latest book during a trip to the local bookstore. I leafed through it for a few minutes and was quite taken by how unoriginal it all was. Same old tired liberal-bashing as espoused by right wingers like Terry Dolan, Phill Graham, and Newt Gingrich in the early 1980s.

From the little I read in the book, it seemed like she shamelessly pulled bits and pieces of rhetoric from the above mentioned "New Right" bunch, and threw in some Rush Limbaugh nonsense for fun.

Let's face it, without her schtick Ann Coulter would be an unknown. Her nutty comments like "John Edwards is a f**got" is the only reason anyone even knows who she is. Like Andrew Dice Clay, the rude and lewd comedian with questionable talent, she must go to extremes of absurdity to be famous.

Ann Coulter is a real nut, but through it all she's ultimately unoriginal as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Edwards looks to be the winner in Iowa, so Coulter did this deliberately as a preemptive strike against his possible nomination. Republicans are well aware of what happened the last time the Democrats nominated a candidate with real charisma. They'd much rather run against Hillary.

Edwards looks to be the winner in Iowa, so Coulter did this deliberately as a preemptive strike against his possible nomination. Republicans are well aware of what happened the last time the Democrats nominated a candidate with real charisma. They'd much rather run against Hillary.

• 2 weeks later...

Ann is going to be speaking at an evangelical gathering near Charlotte soon. It will be interesting to hear who she insults and verbally attacks.

This is one sensationalistic gal. She won't let anyone down. She'll be insulting and belittling and criticizing and ridiculing, etc etc etc her whole time near Charlotte. I'm glad she's not on my side:)

Archived