Ann Coulter is at it again

kayman

That line could be used against left-wing promotion of equality as well- all people are equal but some people (based on the groups they belong to due to their demographics, not because of any choices they made or things they did) need to be deprived of their liberties so that preferred groups can be ensured equal results. But since I trust that Democrats don't intend to hurt people as they're trying to help others, I don't use that argument against them. Let's move on.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should take a videocamera and tape all the local Republican office holders that attend the gathering and embrace Ann in Matthews, NC. Then I can mail postcards around the next time Charlotte Mecklenburg county commission elections come up and Republicans try to run at large again. It would be a nice rejoinder to the pink mailers that losers Jim Puckett and Kaye McGarry sent around bashing Commissioner Parks Helms for getting a gay rights award during the last election. Opposition research is the lifeblood of politics and while Coulter seems teflon proof against Macaca moments because she is all shock value one never knows...

Yeah, that was un-called for. I like Coulter's personality, the tough woman with a quick wit and what I thought was a goodly dose of smarts, but she's too conservative for me and I don't approve of shenanigans like calling presidential candidates "f@ggots". I instantly lost almost all of my respect for the woman and leaves me wondering how smart she really is.

She is certainly as obnoxious as Carville.

I still think Coulter has body dysphoric disorder and an acompanying eating disorder. She looks simply awful. Or she might have a thyroid condition (her eyes sometimes look like they're gonna pop out of her head) Extreme thyroid irregularities can cause weight loss, and in-your-face behaviors.

I say this because it's so obvious how damn smart Ann is. Perhaps she does have some sort of physical/mental disorder that distorts her intellect in such a screwball way. (????)

^Agreed. At least he's clever. She's like a fourth grader.

She is certainly as obnoxious as Carville.

I still think Coulter has body dysphoric disorder and an acompanying eating disorder. She looks simply awful. Or she might have a thyroid condition (her eyes sometimes look like they're gonna pop out of her head) Extreme thyroid irregularities can cause weight loss, and in-your-face behaviors.

I say this because it's so obvious how damn smart Ann is. Perhaps she does have some sort of physical/mental disorder that distorts her intellect in such a screwball way. (????)

The problem with all this is that both sides accuse the other side of the EXACT same things.

She accuses Democrats as being latte sipping ninnies living in giant wasteful houses with maids expecting the rest of the world to live without so that they can enjoy a cleaner planet.

Democrats accuse Republicans of being rich oil guzzling loudmouths living in giant wasteful houses with maids expecting the rest of the world to know their place and function in their idea of society so that the rich can enjoy a better way of life.

Meanwhile, Ann Coulter is getting rich by going around and spouting all this crap off and she probably employs a maid or at least someone to clean up after her and she obviously expects people to know their place and is anything but middle class.. and she probably likes Lattes.

The problem with all this is that both sides accuse the other side of the EXACT same things.

She accuses Democrats as being latte sipping ninnies living in giant wasteful houses with maids expecting the rest of the world to live without so that they can enjoy a cleaner planet.

Democrats accuse Republicans of being rich oil guzzling loudmouths living in giant wasteful houses with maids expecting the rest of the world to know their place and function in their idea of society so that the rich can enjoy a better way of life.

Meanwhile, Ann Coulter is getting rich by going around and spouting all this crap off and she probably employs a maid or at least someone to clean up after her and she obviously expects people to know their place and is anything but middle class.. and she probably likes Lattes.

While that is certainly true, there is a difference. The majority of people who live in giant, wasteful houses with maids vote Republican. That is understandable, as the policies of the Republican party primarily benefit the upper class. There are many Republican voters in the lower classes as well, but they generally vote based on "values" issues that don't affect them directly, like abortion or gay marriage. They vote this way despite the fact that it is Democratic party policies that primarily benefit their own class.

The picture Democrats like to paint of Republicans as wealthy and wasteful rings true because those are the people who gain the most from the Republican party. Both the party's leadership and its base are upper-class. "The haves and the have-mores" as Bush once put it.

On the other hand, the Republicans' picture of wealthy, wasteful Democrats is a farce because most Democrats are not upper-class. Sure, the party's leadership is, but the party itself primarily benefits the urban working classes, and they are the demographic most likely to vote Democratic.

Finally, one of my biggest peeves about American society is the fact that Democrats and liberals are constantly attacked for being "latte-sipping" intellectuals. Sure, that group may be largely democratic, but what does it say about our society that being cultured and educated is seen as a negative? Do Republicans really see themselves as crass and ignorant? Do they actually take pride in that image?

gusterfell that's an interesting question you raised........do the Reps want to come across as crass and vulgar? (i.e. the antithesis of latte sipping Dems.)

The Reps' shallow attempt to portray themselves as on the same side as "the little guy" would be laughable if it weren't so effective. The little guy always votes against his self-interests when he votes GOP. When was the last time the Reps put through a tax cut for the lower middle class and the poor?

This rubbish started with President George H.W. Bush, the current president's father. The man was as elite as they come, America's version of regal...born into priviledge and wealth. His grandfather was a prominent US Senator. The man was rich and associated with the rich. But when he became president in 1989, he claimed his favorite D.C. radio station was the country channel!!! Then he claimed his favorite snack was pork rinds and his favorite game was horseshoes! yeah, right.

Will the lower classes ever wake up and realize the GOP has perpetrated the biggest farce they've ever been duped by?

From a regal president "eating pork rinds", to claiming that global warming is a myth, to calling a presidential candidate a "fa*got", what will the Reps come up with next??????

Archived