Three new hotels - two Hilton and one Marriott

The Hilton Shreveport downtown is expected to open next month. Very exicting, I'm glad to see this project finally on the verge of opening.

Additionally, however, at two opposite ends of SBC land, two more hotels - one a Hilton brand and one a Marriott brand - are currently under construction. In the hotel-saturated Pines Road area, Hilton has yet another hotel under construction and nearing completion... a Hilton Garden Inn.

Harrah's Louisiana Downs has finally begun ground work for their hotel in the east Bossier/Haughton area, which will be a SpringHill Suites by Marriott. This will be the first hotel in SBC to be built west of the Industrial Drive/I-20 interchange and near Haughton.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...324/1064/NEWS05

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Hilton Shreveport downtown is expected to open next month. Very exicting, I'm glad to see this project finally on the verge of opening.

Additionally, however, at two opposite ends of SBC land, two more hotels - one a Hilton brand and one a Marriott brand - are currently under construction. In the hotel-saturated Pines Road area, Hilton has yet another hotel under construction and nearing completion... a Hilton Garden Inn.

Harrah's Louisiana Downs has finally begun ground work for their hotel in the east Bossier/Haughton area, which will be a SpringHill Suites by Marriott. This will be the first hotel in SBC to be built west of the Industrial Drive/I-20 interchange and near Haughton.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...324/1064/NEWS05

Occupancy rates here are extremly high, hence the extra construction. Of course we're not going to see serious vacationers, but we have a flood of 14-16 million gamblers per year, which keep our hotel occupancy rates very high. The Independence Bowl also finds visitors searching for rooms as far away as Marshall, Longview, Natchitoches, Texarkana, etc. And this with us already having over 8,000 rooms locally.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived