High-rise Rumored for Blocks SE13 & SE14

eandslee

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned this yet, but over at RCW it's big news! Sounds very promising, though not an aweful lot of information yet. Thought it deserved it own thread. Anyway, here ya go:

http://www.richmondcitywatch.com/

the forum address is:

http://www.richmondcitywatch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2173

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Ryan on RCW: "Tentatively the building will be approximately 20 stories with one mechanical level. Up to 3 levels of underground parking are also proposed. The height of the tower would be about 276' to the roof. This height may change as more floors may be added to accomodate more tenant space. At the proposed height, the building would be roughly the same height as One James River Plaza (Dominion) and One James Center."

I don't think that it will contend for state's highest, but we'll see what the final plans are. Stay tuned....

There are a lot of variables involved that still need to be hashed out. Right now it seems to only be a single use tower (aside from parking and street level retail). However, if other components are added or the existing component is expanded, the height could increase significantly. Also, the possibiity of a spire could increase the height further.

If this is to be a single tenant structure, and if the plot is owned by Dominion, it would seem logical that Dominion would ally with the new owner and bring its 1000 promised workers from Innsbrook and place them as co-tenants in a new signature tower on the site.

I wonder if real estate agents are scrambling to make something like this happen.

Maybe the proposed James Center expansion is becoming more attractive as well, thanks to all this talk.

If this is to be a single tenant structure, and if the plot is owned by Dominion, it would seem logical that Dominion would ally with the new owner and bring its 1000 promised workers from Innsbrook and place them as co-tenants in a new signature tower on the site.

I wonder if real estate agents are scrambling to make something like this happen.

Maybe the proposed James Center expansion is becoming more attractive as well, thanks to all this talk.

Shak, regarding the triangle, SupMeUp posting at 11:25PM on March 5th on RCW, suggested that developers are also discussing a hotel on the smaller adjacent triangle as well as a tower on the larger lot.

Why don't you snoop around in your inimitable way and give us the lowdown? :thumbsup:

Speaking of James Center, some reliable sources have told me that a general contractor has been chosen for construction. This of course does not mean that construction will start soon. It does mean that the owners are moving forward.

Archived