High-rise Rumored for Blocks SE13 & SE14

eandslee

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the result of a futile attempt to do what I was looking for. I stink at this kind of thing - I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the right program to do this type of thing, but here goes nothing:

finishedproduct.jpg

Note: this is not drawn to scale either...I'm sorry. :(

Haha nice effort. I tried one of my own actually, which isn't to scale or in the totally correct position or anything (and overall pretty horrible :lol:), but it gives us an idea of what it'll be like having this tower:

sample.jpg

Read the italics.

Sorry G, E won that one.

The only thing is, the building doesn't look like it's triangular in shape. It doesn't take up the whole block? And what of the small triangular block?

Here's the result of a futile attempt to do what I was looking for. I stink at this kind of thing - I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the right program to do this type of thing, but here goes nothing:

finishedproduct.jpg

Note: this is not drawn to scale either...I'm sorry. :(

Over at RCW, SupMeUp says his sources indicate that occupancy can be expected by late 2009 or 2010. The site's zoning allows for unlimited height, but there are many things to be considerered such as soil testing. Also, since the turning basin once occupied the area, there is likelihood of historic excavations that might slow things.

Where's Tommy's attempt? He's pretty good at this sort of thing.

Wow! Three huge law firms within spitting distance of one another: Williams Mullin, McGuire Woods and Hunton Williams. That's what I call a law cluster.

Maybe you'll see six cranes downtown at one time: Williams Mullin; Centennial; Mead WestVaco; MCV's Bed Hospital; Miller & Rhoads and Richmond Center Stage.

SupMeUp also said that since Dominion owns the land, currently their parking lot, there probably will have to be some arrangement to provide space they would lose. Also, there's legalese about a one foot set-back for every vertical 4 feet. I guess that explains the sloping sides.

I'm trying to get clarification on RCW about this. Ryan is an urban planning major and so if anyone can answer this question, he can. I'm just as confused about this as you all are...in fact, it doesn't make sense to me why someone would require this to be eventhough they say that there is no height restriction. My arguement is that there has to be a height restriction with that rule because the tower would eventually come to a point. What height that is (where the structure would offset 1 foot for every 4 feet of vertical height to the point where the building is pointed at the top), I'm not sure, but it surely doesn't mean that that sky is the limit! The restriction doesn't make any sense, so that's why I've asked Ryan to clarify things for us over there on RCW.

I'm trying to get clarification on RCW about this. Ryan is an urban planning major and so if anyone can answer this question, he can. I'm just as confused about this as you all are...in fact, it doesn't make sense to me why someone would require this to be eventhough they say that there is no height restriction. My arguement is that there has to be a height restriction with that rule because the tower would eventually come to a point. What height that is (where the structure would offset 1 foot for every 4 feet of vertical height to the point where the building is pointed at the top), I'm not sure, but it surely doesn't mean that that sky is the limit! The restriction doesn't make any sense, so that's why I've asked Ryan to clarify things for us over there on RCW.

OK, here the rendering out right:

NewRicHighRise.jpg

I count about 35 including the very top portion (mechanical?). That little thing at the top doesn't add to the height like a spire would, but it does swoosh upward - giving it some height! I like it too Joey! The image is a bit grainy (from a newspaper?), but I like what I see thus far.

Now this is a signature tower for Richmond!

After looking at it for a while..it seems that it doesn't occupy the FULL capacity of the triangle lot. I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this before..but it seems that it just sits on this land:

untitledfh5.png

I think I remember someone saying it looked like cars passing under the building..I think I can see something or other along those lines.

newrichighrisekr5.th.jpg

See the 'tunnel'?

Archived