High-rise Rumored for Blocks SE13 & SE14

eandslee

• 1 month later...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Haha. We'll see guys. Coupe was very eager to share this news. :lol: There are still 2 towers above 35 floors ( Snyder lot and Hoffler) that are in an undecided state. Don't count' them out just yet. Let the race begin I say! :shades:

Just how tall is the Westin in VA Beach (Sorry, I'm too lazy to look it up - besides, some of you probably know from the top of your heads)? I'm interested to see just how much taller this project might be than the Westin. Boy, she's going to be a "beaut" as it is being constructed...I mean, maybe...if what supmeup says is true, that is.

Just how tall is the Westin in VA Beach (Sorry, I'm too lazy to look it up - besides, some of you probably know from the top of your heads)? I'm interested to see just how much taller this project might be than the Westin. Boy, she's going to be a "beaut" as it is being constructed...I mean, maybe...if what supmeup says is true, that is.

525ft as of today. That's as high as she's going. I read on RCW that the building could be anywhere from 450ft to 550ft. It'll definitely be close, but not guranteed to be taller as of yet. I'm interested to see where the floor count winds up. At 35 floors, even with 14ft ceilings (typical office tower 12-14) You're looking at 490ft exactly. There would have to be a significant crown or spire to make up that additional height. Whats more likely is that the range in height from 450 to 550 corresponds to a range in floors from 35-45 (that will be dictated by demand). If it's gonna be 550, i'm willing to bet it will be at least over 40 floors.

Here it is for all of you to see. I'd like to see more, but at least this will give you an idea. There appears to be a broad side to this building, which doesn't make sense to me because I didn't think that the lot where it is suppose to sit is big enough for such a long side. Anyway, I really like it...it looks modern, but isn't the tall and thin (with a spire) type tower I was expecting. It is tall though...I really like the height. I hope the height doesn't decrease as plans move forward.

OK, here is a link to the rendering - Courtesy of RCW:

New tower rendering

That's great height especially compared to the nearby buildings. I'd like to see some higher-res images, but I like what I see so far. It's modern and not a box. Even if we don't regain Virginia's tallest (which doesn't matter too terribly much to me), it'll definitely be the tallest in the city. A welcome addition IMO :)

Archived