• Arizona
    • Washington
    • Oregon
    • Idaho
    • California
    • Nevada
    • Other
    • I am not in the West, but I follow the forums

Ok, it has really started to get under my skin how slow we are in the west. I have visited "other" sites and have noticed a significant amount of representation for all parts. UP is unique in that all of our subforums have "subforums dedicated to individual states. With this kind of personalized format, I'd think people would be happy to represent the states and communities they hail from. There are a few reasons we lag behind here. Notably not enough dedicated forumers to help get certain parts off the ground. It'd be great if we could up and transplant whole online communities over here, but alas.

I am the moderator for the west, Granted I focus on a few areas, solely because I work 60 hours a week in a high paced environment, so my freetime is limited. I focus on the areas that have dedicated forumers who are trying. If you all need anything from me let me know, If you are willling to put in the lonely hours of talking to yourself for a time to get things going I will gladly go in and help to drive traffic. Any ideas or efforts will be met with my %110. So where are you from, and what would you like to see

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't live in the west but I do visit New Mexico 2-3 times a year. So I try to keep up with things going on over there. Every once in a while someone else from New Mexico will come on and I'll get my hopes up that just maybe we can get a little activity going and maybe even get a New Mexico forum going. But none of them ever seem to stick around. Just visiting a few times a year doesn't seem enough for me to try to get a NM forum going myself.

I don't live in the west but I do visit New Mexico 2-3 times a year. So I try to keep up with things going on over there. Every once in a while someone else from New Mexico will come on and I'll get my hopes up that just maybe we can get a little activity going and maybe even get a New Mexico forum going. But none of them ever seem to stick around. Just visiting a few times a year doesn't seem enough for me to try to get a NM forum going myself.

I'd love to get a NM forum going, I could start one, but like NV and UT, and pretty much most other states in the west, it'd probabally garner a few happy people at first would just walk away dejected after it didn't pick up in a few weeks :(

I wondering if I should start a campaign, though I don't know what or how to draw some knowlegeable posters from other sites to help up here. :( I'm depressed, I'm going to eat bon bons and watch days of our lives now.

Don't worry MJLO, I live in a permanent state of dejection, so I won't be going anywhere. :P

Does UP have the ability to buy ad space on other forums?

Advertise in smaller indy publications in some cities or on their websites?

Illegally tape up flyers on light poles and the sides of buildings?

::sigh::

Yeah, I'm not ready to get my hopes up again about a NM forum. We had someone not too long ago from NM and I thought maybe he'd be the guy who stuck around and got things going. But he left too. We could start one but seeing how none of us actually live there right now. Might make it even harder to get things going. I agree about Albuquerque, it does have quite a bit going for it. My only complaint about it, is that it's not very built up and sprawls out. But it's still a nice city.

I'm with you man, I appealed to the gods about it not to long ago, it was during a time of busy, the gods were focused on other things, and while they weren't opposed to it. It must have gotten lost on the agenda. I've kinda lost track and haven't appealed since.

I'm with you man, I appealed to the gods about it not to long ago, it was during a time of busy, the gods were focused on other things, and while they weren't opposed to it. It must have gotten lost on the agenda. I've kinda lost track and haven't appealed since.

I do not live in the West currently, but I had live in the Pacific NW a few years back so I like to keep track on what's going on in both Portland & Seattle. I hope to see both of those forums grow over time, but I plan on making a trip to at least Portland this year, so hopefully I can return with photos with many of the current projects taking place.

• 2 months later...

I'm a southern boy livin the Veags dream...well not really. I have lived in Nevada for about 2 years now. I don't see me leaving anytime soon. Since I got my new Nikon I can't stop taking pics but its a shame that no one really gets to see them. Meaning that the Nevada forum is DEAD. I posted new construction pics yesterday and only one person has bothered to reply. Oh well I will keep doing a Vegas update and I also post pics of the places me and the wife travel to out here in the west. We love the mountains and the views out here. I may just post the updates and pics in the main west forum if the traffic doesn't pick up. I will leave that up to MJLO. I just hate to waste good pics that no one will see... ;)

I'm a South Carolinian with a 16 year layover in Atlanta - I still mostly chat about SC & Atlanta (mostly Atlanta) still. The lack of "virtual "activity may echo the "real human" activity, most people are very complacent here where I live. For that matter Denver as well, I'm always amazed at the relative small town attitudes folks have, especially the media. Of course, it's nice - but it can get boring.

But otherwise, if people mention Boulder, I'll pipe in & provide my criticism, otherwise I don't have much to say.

Archived