New Hotels

richyb83

I guess the criteria is how many old hotels are left to cabalize, lol!
Even though Esplanade was renovated nicely several years ago, I think it'd be better if they just demolished it and sell the land piecemeal with a certain design guidelines.
Esplanade?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Downtown Baton Rouge hotel market thriving, expecting big weekend due to LSU-Georgia game

Despite the LSU Tigers’ crushing defeat to the Florida Gators on Saturday, the loss isn’t expected to dampen the enthusiasm for this weekend’s matchup against Georgia, which will be the biggest game yet of this season in Death Valley.

As of Sunday afternoon, all of downtown’s hotels, including the new Courtyard Marriott—which opened on Friday, Sept. 28—as well as the Hampton Inn, Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, The Watermark and the Belle of Baton Rouge Hotel, were sold out.

Closer to campus, just a handful of rooms appear to remain, according to a search of hotel websites, and they’re fetching top dollar for a market of Baton Rouge’s size.

A standard room with two queen beds at the Baton Rouge Marriott is going for $400 per night, about the same as a standard room at the nearby Courtyard Marriott/Acadian Thruway. A standard room at the Hampton Inn near College Drive is just slightly less—$370 a night. The Crowne Plaza is completely booked.

“We expect this to be the biggest weekend of the year,” says Visit Baton Rouge President Paul Arrigo, who was interviewed last week by Sports Illustrated for an upcoming story about what the big game will mean for the local visitors market. “It’s a 2:30 game, so we’ll get two nights out of it. Plus, Georgia hasn’t been here in 15 years and there’s a lot of hype.”

Arrigo says restaurants are booking up, too, and events like a Friday night concert in honor of Walk-On’s 15th anniversary featuring the popular country band Big & Rich are also bringing more visitors to the city for the weekend.

The expected boom this weekend is a welcome break from an otherwise sluggish summer and early fall in a market that recently saw the addition of several new hotel properties—not just in Baton Rouge, where the new Courtyard Marriott recently nudged the number of downtown hotel rooms over 1,000—but in the four-parish Capital Region, which now boasts more than 12,500 hotel rooms.

Arrigo says several of those properties in Port Allen or Ascension Parish are attractive to contract workers and plant employees, who come here on business and are opting to stay in newer hotels near their workplace.

“It’s too soon to tell what kind of impact that is having on the market as a whole, but my concerns is that a lot of hotels are popping up and people have a lot of choices about where to stay,” he says.

https://www.businessreport.com/article/downtown-baton-rouge-hotel-market-thriving-expecting-big-weekend-due-lsu-georgia-game-2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guessing demand still there...whether it's Downtown or College/Corporate/I-10...Bring on the New Hotels

"Title" a bit misleading.....Downtown BR actually had 1,041 rooms already...= now 1,176 room??

The HUGE "Neon" looking SIGN on Top of this New Courtyard is REALLY COOL!  Need to get a Night time photo

New Courtyard Marriott nudges downtown over 1,000-room mark

https://www.businessreport.com/realestate/new-courtyard-marriott-nudges-downtown-over-the-1000-room-mark

image.thumb.png.a9a482b630f67ce11395dd29241386b4.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2019 at 7:21 PM, richyb83 said:

Guessing demand still there...whether it's Downtown or College/Corporate/I-10...Bring on the New Hotels

"Title" a bit misleading.....Downtown BR actually had 1,041 rooms already...= now 1,176 room??

The HUGE "Neon" looking SIGN on Top of this New Courtyard is REALLY COOL!  Need to get a Night time photo

New Courtyard Marriott nudges downtown over 1,000-room mark

https://www.businessreport.com/realestate/new-courtyard-marriott-nudges-downtown-over-the-1000-room-mark

image.thumb.png.a9a482b630f67ce11395dd29241386b4.png

I'd still like to see another mid-market hotel (with convention space) downtown.   Something in the neighborhood of 215 rooms and 12 floors with a river view.   

Double Tree, Sheraton, Marriott, Embassy Suites, or Aloft would be my preferred flags.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 7:56 AM, dan326 said:

THIS BOX Won't GO WAY from LAST POST

That new 12- story hotel sounds good  Cajun!  On top of a 5 story parking garage of course ;)

Thanks for the likes Dan & Greg!

Was going to post this on BR Pic of the Day...will get it w next pic :thumbsup:

IMG_0017.jpeg

Edited by richyb83

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_804e291a-6d0e-11e9-98d9-f3ab2820efc6.html

Developers planning second Hotel Indigo for The Grove; construction could start in 3 months

Plans are in the works to build a Hotel Indigo in The Grove mixed-use development behind the Mall of Louisiana.

Nial Patel, a principal with Restic Development, said nothing has been signed yet with Richard Carmouche, who owns the land east of the mall. “We’ve been going back and forth,” he said. Last week, Restic broke ground on a 124-room Element by Westin hotel on Summa Avenue.

Carmouche said the proposed Indigo hotel would be built off the traffic circle in the entrance to The Grove. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 8:45 AM, dan326 said:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_804e291a-6d0e-11e9-98d9-f3ab2820efc6.html

Developers planning second Hotel Indigo for The Grove; construction could start in 3 months

Plans are in the works to build a Hotel Indigo in The Grove mixed-use development behind the Mall of Louisiana.

Nial Patel, a principal with Restic Development, said nothing has been signed yet with Richard Carmouche, who owns the land east of the mall. “We’ve been going back and forth,” he said. Last week, Restic broke ground on a 124-room Element by Westin hotel on Summa Avenue.

Carmouche said the proposed Indigo hotel would be built off the traffic circle in the entrance to The Grove. 

Cool!   The Hotel Indigo's are nice!  

• 5 months later...

Yeah Hotel Indigo's are nice! Will have to check the progress on Summa Ave. of the new Element Hotel......Surprised Baton Rouge still does not have an A Loft Hotel yet

Wonder what the new Hotel  will be?? behind TJ Ribs on Siegen??

Hotel construction starts

Breaking ground: A permit for construction of a new 41,000-square-foot hotel off Siegen Lane, behind TJ Ribs, has been granted. The hotel, owned by Siegen Retail LLC, will feature 90 rooms in a four-story building, as well as an outdoor pool. Patel Construction is serving as the contractor on the project.

https://www.businessreport.com/newsletters/roundup-brac-economic-development-event-us-job-openings-report-hotel-construction-starts

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, richyb83 said:

IMG_0395.thumb.jpeg.3868d7bf6216dcadd33029ab8c454b90.jpeg

I know it's late and a holiday on an east-west street....but it looks quiet.  

Another mid/large sized hotel downtown would help with that.   Maybe a Marriott or Westin.   Hopefully the Baton Rouge mayor can start "trying" to get local/regional conventions to set up in Baton Rouge the way that Holden did.   There are other weekends in Baton Rouge besides LSU football home games, after all. 

There should be a handful of people whose full time job is to recruit conventions to the city - either downtown or elsewhere.    And real jobs, not "friends of the mayor" no show/no work jobs.

Edited by cajun

2 hours ago, cajun said:

I know it's late and a holiday on an east-west street....but it looks quiet.  

Another mid/large sized hotel downtown would help with that.   Maybe a Marriott or Westin.   Hopefully the Baton Rouge mayor can start "trying" to get local/regional conventions to set up in Baton Rouge the way that Holden did.   There are other weekends in Baton Rouge besides LSU football home games, after all. 

There should be a handful of people whose full time job is to recruit conventions to the city - either downtown or elsewhere.    And real jobs, not "friends of the mayor" no show/no work jobs.

Yes, that would be nice...

• 1 month later...

Yes they sure do look nice Dan :shades:

Yes indeed Cajun!@ Agreed!  :thumbsup:  The River Center Arena needs an upgrade too

Street scene  a lot  more active after Orion Parade (Mardi Gras is so over rated:rolleyes:)

Looking East on Convention Street ; Like the Colors on top of the Watermark Hotel on Third Street

IMG_0505.thumb.jpeg.e49ec19a3f9a90171094ee164e63706c.jpeg

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, richyb83 said:

New 5 -story/117 room Home 2 Suites under construction @ Citi Place

Pardon pic inside car ; not easy driving on I-10  + Some trees blocking fence line ; couldn't get better angle

Surprised i didn't see more vertical metal beams ; instead a lot of wood

IMG_0607.thumb.jpeg.108a34d37f76d4fd46b37aab0031b815.jpeg

That is a surprisingly tall wooden hotel.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This mighta been posted although I don't remember.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/business/article_ee12b778-6d47-11eb-a8f7-2b5881dd0424.html

After more than three years of planning, local developers are building a $7.3 million hotel near the intersection of Siegen Lane and Industriplex Boulevard.

Tru by Hilton Baton Rouge I-10 East is a 90-room hotel is expected to open in May, having started construction about a year ago. That's faster than the previously anticipated timeline of 2022.

• 3 weeks later...